- New this year at SavvyAuthors!
- Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35
Register by November 25th and save $5, use code SUPPORTINGCASTSHILLARD at checkout!
- Characters, Dialogue, Plotting, POV, Series, Shorts/Novella, Voice, Worldbuilding
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
You have a kick-butt heroine. A hero that is super hunky. Now it’s time to develop the supporting cast. Developing a supporting cast can be almost as difficult or more so than creating a hero/heroine. Too often books are slowed down with ‘shadow’ or cardboard characters. Or you have struggle to keep a secondary character from stepping to the main character role. In this workshop, we will tackle these characters as well as looking at how to create a setting that is a character.
This workshop will include:
- Defining who should your supporting cast be?
- The 6 main roles of secondary character fills.
- Picking the secondary character roles for YOUR story
- Developing your top 3 secondary characters
- Creating a list of ‘needs’ (aunts, uncles, best friends, etc) and their role(s)
- Defining the top 3 secondary character
- Layering characters. How many hats can a secondary character wear
- Weeding out the ‘extras’ - Unlike movie extras books rarely benefit from extras.
- Your secondary character wants to be a main character (this is for non-series characters. If you have a secondary character that will have his/her own book these can be modified to keep them in line for this book)
- What to do with an unruly secondary character
- Creating a setting as a secondary character
- Do you have a place that impacts bother your story and characters?
- What needs to be included to breath life into a setting?