- Basic and Premium Members Prices
- Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35
Register by January 29th and save $5, use code MYSTERYJEFFREY2024 at checkout!
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
- Class Length
- 2 Weeks
Do you have to know the solution to the mystery before you start writing your amazing new murder mystery? The ‘who’ in whodunit? The how? The why? Not necessarily! In this course, we will explore how to craft a compelling, taut mystery from start to finish that will keep readers guessing without you needing to be a criminal mastermind! The secret is in your characters: understanding what makes them tick as individuals and how they relate to each other.
- Course Goals: By the end of this course students will:
- Feel empowered to write their own mystery novels/short stories
- Understand the importance of characters in any compelling mystery
- Have tools to create characters that fit in their mystery plot
- Be able to plot their own mystery novels/short stories
What makes a mystery compelling?Crafting characters to care aboutCompeting GMCs
Means, Motives, and OpportunitiesCluesAdapting to Change
- Class Format
- Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.
The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.