How to Craft a Mystery/Thriller with L.C. Hayden

Genre-Mystery-Crime How to Craft a Mystery/Thriller with L.C. Hayden

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35

Register by November 2nd and save $5, use code MYSTERYHAYDEN2020 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Description/Setting
  3. Genre
  4. Plotting
  5. Worldbuilding
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
MYSTERYHAYDEN2020
The book world offers its readers a variety of mysteries. Some are good, some not so good, and some are excellent. What makes the difference? It all begins with its foundation: learning how to craft a successful mystery. An award winning mystery/thriller author will show you how a successful author accomplishes this. Some of the points she will cover include

· What are the different types of mysteries you can choose from

· Where to get ideas

· The process of plotting

· How to achieve the perfect story structure

· How to develop your own style

· Doing research successfully

· Handling background, location, and setting successfully

· Learning about the classic structure of the mystery novel

· How to depict violence

· Handling plot devices such as clues and red herrings

· Setting up a perfect opening

· Following it up with a perfect middle

· The perfect ending

· Revisions
Author
LC Hayden
Start date
Nov 9, 2020 at 9:00 AM
End date
Nov 22, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
Nov 11, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.89 star(s) 44 ratings

More classes from LC Hayden

Latest reviews

Very thorough and informative. L.C.Hayden is a great instructor who provides the necessary information, while maintaining a good pace.
This was one of the most valuable workshops I've taken. Not only was the information exactly what I had hoped for, but it was delivered in a short crisp easy-to-follow style. I thank you for presenting it, and will be using all your ideas to develop my next WIP. Thank you so much.
L.C. presented a lot of really useful information, with examples, in a logical and professional way (and she is the expert mystery writer--so she knows what she's talking about!). I learned a lot, and I now have a wonderful framework to work with as I continue writing my mystery. She is accessible and gives useful and encouraging feedback. I've taken several workshops from her and consider her my personal mentor. Thank you, L.C. I'll be back for more!--Nancy