How to Craft Your Mystery Short Story with Steve Shrott

Genre-Romance How to Craft Your Mystery Short Story with Steve Shrott

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35

Register by November 28th and save $5, use code MYSTERYSHROTT2022 at checkout!
Category
  1. Genre
  2. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
MYSTERYSHROTT2022
Class Length
2 Weeks
Learn the three parts of a mystery and where to include what and when. Steve will show you how to outline and use free writing techniques to craft a winning mystery short.
  • What makes a good mystery, and how to be an idea machine.
  • How to craft openings that hook your reader, and twist endings that shock them at the end.
  • Writing intriguing detectives, criminals and other villains/heroes.
  • Using ‘jumps’ to keep readers turning pages.
  • Secrets of creating clues and red hearings.
  • Using templates to help us create plots.
  • Giving your story ‘touches’ that help it sell.
  • Learning from top mystery writers.
  • The rules of submitting short stories.
  • Where to send your stories.
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
Stevens7_2000-yahoo.ie
Start date
Dec 5, 2022 at 9:00 AM
End date
Dec 19, 2022 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Dec 8, 2022 at 12:50 AM
Rating
4.94 star(s) 49 ratings

More classes from Stevens7_2000-yahoo.ie

Latest reviews

Steve Shrott's How to Craft a Mystery Short Story was fabulous. Steve's step-by-step material was well-written and extremely informative. I loved the huge amount of links he supplied for recommended resources and places to seek publication for Mystery Short Stories. I will definitely be re-reading and referring back to his course content and resources in the future. What a great bundle of information to keep forever.

At the end of each Lecture, Steve offered assignments. I was blown away by the time and effort he put into reviewing each student's submission. He even gave me live examples of how to improve upon each of my assignments. When I was stuck on how to proceed with one of them, he gave me solid examples and advice on how to move past my blockage.

I would thoroughly recommend Steve's classes.
I really enjoyed Steve Shrott’s class! It was one of the best classes that I’ve ever taken. It was very informative and interesting. I enjoyed reading the lectures. What I loved the most were the opportunities to practice the lessons with excellent feedback by Steve. He was very encouraging with his comments, and I agreed with every suggestion, which made my writing “shine.” I would definitely recommend that everybody take one of Steve Shrott’s classes. I definitely plan to take future classes!!!