The Emotional Arc with Tere Michaels

Character The Emotional Arc with Tere Michaels

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35

***Register by Oct 19th and save $5, use code EMOTIONALARCMICHAELS2020 at checkout!***
Category
  1. Characters
  2. GMC
  3. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
EMOTIONALARCMICHAELS2020
An emotional arc is the journey that a character’s emotional state of mind undertakes during a scene. A typical emotional arc has a beginning in which the character is feeling a certain way, an end in which their emotional state of mind has undergone a change, and a turning point that triggers the change.
(The Storymonger)

An emotional arc is a purposeful construct that enables you to take your story to another level, to connect with your readers, to make your story linger far beyond the last page. In this workshop, we’ll drill down into the different facets of your characters’ emotional arc and how it is both the spine (structure) and heart (feelings) of your story.
Author
TereMichaels
Start date
Oct 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM
End date
Nov 8, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
Oct 28, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.95 star(s) 20 ratings

More classes from TereMichaels

Latest reviews

Tere is hands down, the best! An amazing instructor who goes beyond just lectures to really help you evaluate and deepen your characters and story world. She takes the time to do so. Not every instructor does. It's what really sets her apart for me. You learn about emotions in this class, and my own emotions are beyond words. I came in with just a tiny seed of an idea to use in a learning exercise and in less than two weeks it has become so much more. A world I have begun to really envision. Tere helped me get there. She honestly deserves more than a five star rating. Beyond a cluster. She is like that remarkable star in the dark chaotic heavens that truly does give you a sense of clarity and direction in your writing journey. One, I certainly look up to.