CJ Jones

Premium Member
Jul 25, 2016
Longview, WA
I'm an unpublished author and finished my first novella. I sent the manuscript to a publisher who referred me to this site. They loved the concept of my story but suggested that I connect with other authors here.

I would like a critique partner, but my disclaimer is this; my last English class was in my Junior year of high school 78-79 a period of time I like to call it the Jurassic Period. LOL

If anyone has the time I would appreciate it.

Thank You

Upvote 0
Hi CJ,
Welcome to Savvy Authors!
Congrats on finishing your first novella!
Critique partners happen organically here, often out of a class of people, who exchange drafts.
Check out the cool workshops and find one that interests you. Seek places that work with your genre (romance, Science fiction/fantasy..etc) or category (children, Young Adult, New Adult etc.)
What genre do you write in? We have boot camps that are often designed for bringing teams of like minds within genres together.
Best wishes,
Lyn

Upvote 0
Hi CJ,
Welcome to Savvy Authors!
Congrats on finishing your first novella!
Critique partners happen organically here, often out of a class of people, who exchange drafts.
Check out the cool workshops and find one that interests you. Seek places that work with your genre (romance, Science fiction/fantasy..etc) or category (children, Young Adult, New Adult etc.)
What genre do you write in? We have boot camps that are often designed for bringing teams of like minds within genres together.
Best wishes,
Lyn
H LR I write Paranormal Erotic Romance and Contemporary Romance.

Upvote 0
We have a huge group of romance and erotica writers. We'll be doing a NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) boot camp in November and teams will form right along your type of writing.
The boot camps are free to Premium members. :)
There are Special Interest Groups that can also help you out, made up of members that want to keep in touch after boot camps or special writing offerings.
In the meantime, check out the offerings between now and then.
We have outstanding instructors, with a heart for helping others become successful.
I'm moderating a class for Scrivener for Writers--a useful program to help writers manage their work. Scrivener is always discounted during NaNoWriMo. But do check it out under classes. Schiller is the instructor and we have a lot to learn from her.
Check out Catherine Chant's class this month--on Romance writing. Chant is awesome!
Or Polishing your Prose with Julie Rowe...another great opportunity for you.
The others are available, but I don't know them all personally or if they are what you need.
You should listen to the Webinar by Liz Pelletier. Awesome stuff!
And a Savvy Author Online Conference is coming up Sept 15th! Perfect timing and you'll get involved with other active members.
Hope this helps.
Welcome,
Lyn

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
We have a huge group of romance and erotica writers. We'll be doing a NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) boot camp in November and teams will form right along your type of writing.
The boot camps are free to Premium members. :)
There are Special Interest Groups that can also help you out, made up of members that want to keep in touch after boot camps or special writing offerings.
In the meantime, check out the offerings between now and then.
We have outstanding instructors, with a heart for helping others become successful.
I'm moderating a class for Scrivener for Writers--a useful program to help writers manage their work. Scrivener is always discounted during NaNoWriMo. But do check it out under classes. Schiller is the instructor and we have a lot to learn from her.
Check out Catherine Chant's class this month--on Romance writing. Chant is awesome!
Or Polishing your Prose with Julie Rowe...another great opportunity for you.
The others are available, but I don't know them all personally or if they are what you need.
You should listen to the Webinar by Liz Pelletier. Awesome stuff!
And a Savvy Author Online Conference is coming up Sept 15th! Perfect timing and you'll get involved with other active members.
Hope this helps.
Welcome,
Lyn
Yes this does, thanks.

Upvote 0
BTW, I've used the Autocrit wizard
It's a great tool that I have used for years. It catches duplicate or overused words, but lets you choose where you want to use the word and/or change it.
It places your work in comparison with novels in print and lets you know how you rate in comparison.
They have just expanded the program to be even more powerful tool and that is a monthly subscription that is on sale right now for a very limited time.
Worth a look-see.
I have used it for all my critiquing of others.
It is a more impartial measurement for me. Savvy has a overused word tool here under resources, but it stops short of what Autocrit offers.
Just thought I would share.
Best wishes.
Lyn

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Hi CJ! Welcome to Savvy! If there's anything I can do to help you get settled around here, let me know.
I've just finished a Crit Exchange with my SIG group, Team Passion, and will probably be putting together another sometime after NaNo, if you think you'd be interested. We have members who write paranormal/Urban Fantasy, another who writes erotica, so we might be a good fit for you. :)

Upvote 0