Hello, everyone. I'm happy to be joining this community of writers. Although I've dabbled in different things over the years, now I stick with contemporary YA. I am actively querying one novel and have a couple more I'm currently working on. I'd love to find some friends to critique with, especially anyone else who's working in the contemporary YA space. John Green is my favorite YA author - I haven't read all of his books yet because I save them for when I need something I know I'm going to love. :)

Upvote 0
Welcome Breianna!

I am notoriously bad at reading with any regularity -- or devouring up all the books from an author. But I read "The Fault In Our Stars" back in 2014. I mean, okay... SPOILER ALERT (NOT THAT WE NEED ONE AT THIS POINT)... I knew that Gus dies, but I literally stopped reading the book before I got to the part. If Gus doesn't die, Gus still lives and he and Hazel can have a happy-ever-after. :lolcrying:

I do need to read some more John Green though. I was watching Vlogbrothers there for a bit; I just love John!

Upvote 0
Nice to meet you, Allison! John is a pretty cool guy. Fault in Our Stars is awesome and terrible. I've read it twice. I have another manuscript about a 17-year-old girl's cancer journey, but I've stopped shopping it around because I think I'm too late to the Fault trend. I've been enjoying Becky Albertalli too - her books are usually happier than John's. :)

Upvote 0
Hi, happy to have discovered this group. I wrote nine books for Harlequin SuperRomance, then my life took a new direction--I moved to France. I'm writing again, doing a revise and resubmit for Mills&Boone and working on a travel memoir. Living in a small village, the thing I miss most is talking to and problem solving with other writers. I'd love to find a critique group or a writing partner. Without this, I tend to second guess myself and progress stalls. Looking forward to meeting fellow writers.

Upvote 0