Hey!

When I send out queries, the agent almost always requests they be pasted in the email as well as the first pages or chapter. After working very hard to get the format just so in my MS, when I paste into the email, it comes out all wrong. Indents are gone, and the text is pushed over to the left of the email. I don't feel good about sending it that way. I have a MAC.

Has anyone else had this problem and know what to do about it?

Thanks,
Martha McKiever

Upvote 0
It's true for many things pasted into emails. I go through and check the appearance, even going so far as to sending to a dummy email account to check how it comes through the wires. And then adjust accordingly.

Lyn

Upvote 0
I have found that if my original text I am copying is in Calibri font rather than Times Roman, it pastes in cleaner. After you paste it in, you can highlight it and change the font to whatever one you want. Someone suggested Georgia 12 to me, and that one does make the pasted-in e-mail manuscript read easier I think.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
That is so interesting, Joan. I have a lot of MS programs which default to Calibri fonts, but writing always demands TNR, doesn't it? Even still. Of course, my poor sight demands
Verdana 14 -- LOL!!!

Upvote 0
Depending on the email program you are using (Outlook, Mail, etc.), you might have an option to copy the formatting of the original document.

For Microsoft Outlook, a little clipboard icon will often appear after pasting large amounts of text, click it for a dropdown menu with options of formatting.

Mail (Mac) has a Paste and Match Style option that can sometimes help, especially if you are using the copy-and-paste function from several different sources.

Also, remember that how something looks on a computer screen is not just a matter of formatting. For example, if you have your word processing program set to display at 120% or fill/full screen and your email program is set to display at 100% or the window has been shrunk to a partial screen, both could be set at Calibri, 12 and they will both look different.

Upvote 0
So many variations to something most of us would like to be as simple as being able to touch the switch to turn on a light in a room.

Lyn

Upvote 0