Hi Connie,

There was a workshop that had been scheduled to start on January 25th called BEWARE OF THE BACKSTORY DUMP. Unfortunately the workshop was cancelled due to low registration.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ The SavvyAuthors Crew

Upvote 0
Hi Connie,

There was a workshop that had been scheduled to start on January 25th called BEWARE OF THE BACKSTORY DUMP. Unfortunately the workshop was cancelled due to low registration.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ The SavvyAuthors Crew
Just my luck! If I had registered any sooner, would it have helped? Please let the course writer know that SOMEONE was interested, and I'd sign up again if possible. I feel bad for her now that I know this and, of course, bad for myself because I needed to know what she was going to teach.

Thanks for answering and please relay my message to her, so she doesn't feel badly.

Connie Parrott

Upvote 0
Just my luck! If I had registered any sooner, would it have helped? Please let the course writer know that SOMEONE was interested, and I'd sign up again if possible. I feel bad for her now that I know this and, of course, bad for myself because I needed to know what she was going to teach.

Thanks for answering and please relay my message to her, so she doesn't feel badly.

Connie Parrott
Had a thought while I was at the gym today. I can't remember the instructor's name for the Back Story class. Didn't write it down because I didn't think I needed to. Is that possible to find out AND possible for me to contact her directly? Maybe she and I could make some sort of arrangement. I don't know if Savvy Authors gets a cut from the writer's fee.

Hope I get an answer.

Thanks,
Connie Parrott

Upvote 0
Hi Connie,

Was it this one?If so her contact details were at the bottom of the class workshop page -

CANCELLED - Beware of the Info Dump with Eilis Flynn

Don't bore your reader! Learn how to PROPERLY sprinkle the correct amount of backstory to engage your reader.

Workshop Description
Say you're starting work on your latest story. You've done a ton of research to get all the details right, down to the outer ridge of your heroine's boot. You're proud of what you've done, and who could blame you? So you want to dump ALL this stuff into your story so the readers can appreciate the wonderfulness that is your story...and you are left scratching your head when it turns out nobody CARES. What happened? Why weren't they fascinated? What's WRONG with them?

So how much research is just right? Here are some tricks and tips to keep in mind when it comes to making the best use of your research!

Level: Mixed/Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced
Where: The Savvy Forums
Cost: Premium Members $30 / Basic Members $40

Instructor Bio

Elizabeth MS Flynn has written fiction in the form of comic books, romantic fantasies, urban fantasies, historical fantasies and more. She's also a professional editor and has been for almost 40 years, working with academia, technology, and finance nonfiction, and romance fiction. If you're looking for an editor, she can be found editing at emsflynn.com and reached at [email protected]. If you're curious about her books, check out eilisflynn.com. In any case, she can be reached at eilisflynn.com.

Upvote 0
Hi Connie,

Was it this one?If so her contact details were at the bottom of the class workshop page -

CANCELLED - Beware of the Info Dump with Eilis Flynn

Don't bore your reader! Learn how to PROPERLY sprinkle the correct amount of backstory to engage your reader.

Workshop Description
Say you're starting work on your latest story. You've done a ton of research to get all the details right, down to the outer ridge of your heroine's boot. You're proud of what you've done, and who could blame you? So you want to dump ALL this stuff into your story so the readers can appreciate the wonderfulness that is your story...and you are left scratching your head when it turns out nobody CARES. What happened? Why weren't they fascinated? What's WRONG with them?

So how much research is just right? Here are some tricks and tips to keep in mind when it comes to making the best use of your research!

Level: Mixed/Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced
Where: The Savvy Forums
Cost: Premium Members $30 / Basic Members $40

Instructor Bio

Elizabeth MS Flynn has written fiction in the form of comic books, romantic fantasies, urban fantasies, historical fantasies and more. She's also a professional editor and has been for almost 40 years, working with academia, technology, and finance nonfiction, and romance fiction. If you're looking for an editor, she can be found editing at emsflynn.com and reached at [email protected]. If you're curious about her books, check out eilisflynn.com. In any case, she can be reached at eilisflynn.com.
Hey, Jane! Thanks for answering my question about the instructor. I emailed her the same day you posted and hope to hear from her. I appreciate your help!

Have a good week!

Connie

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
LOL. And maybe they like to hold on to it. I know i have a devil of a time not explaining away everything!

:)

Upvote 0