vickiewrites

Premium Member
Jul 2, 2020
USA
vickieacer.com
Hi: I'm Vickie, finished my book, done about 75+ queries so far with expected rejections. Can't wait for pitch days coming up. I've read the rules, worked on my pitch, but not sure what to expect.. Ok, so you open the blog. Then what? Is there a list of the agents? Do you find you genre first? So many questions. The toughest part of the query process is finding the right agent. For me, it's been more difficult than writing the book. Maybe I'm just nervous. Anyone else?

RJ Garside
RJ Garside
Hi, @vickiewrites,

Yes, finding the right agent can be a tough task! I would start by looking through the agents' information and see what they're requesting. You can also check out their agency pages to see what the agency looks like and any other details about the agent.

Happy pitching!

RJ
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
yeah..same..the rules say to know your agent and read about them to be ready but it there any info on them prior to the day?

Reactions: 1 users
RJ Garside
RJ Garside
Hi, @kathleendavisbooks,

We post details about each publishing professional a few weeks before the event with information about what they're acquiring and a general bio. You can also check out their agency or publishing page for more information.

Happy pitching!

RJ
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi, @ZoeNichole,

You can review each of the publishing professional's Wishlist or what they're looking for. We try to include publishing professionals that are looking for a variety of genres. I'm not sure you'll find the exact wording "erotic suspense" but you can pitch to those agents/editors that are looking for erotic or spicy and also those looking for romantic suspense.

Happy pitching!

RJ

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Good morning,

Hope everyone's pitching is off to a good start. I have an etiquette question: if I have already pitched to one agent via more traditional methods (email, Query Manager, etc.), and another agent from their agency is participating in this event, would it be bad form to pitch to them while I haven't heard back from the first agent?

Thanks for your advice.
Mark

Upvote 0
Hi @Mark Smeltz,

Thanks for your post. It's generally not good etiquette to pitch to another agent within the same agency if you haven't received a reply from the first query.

I would recommend you wait until you've heard back from the first pitch before pitching to another agent within the same agency.

I hope this helps. :) Happy pitching!

RJ

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0