I just joined. I'm taking a course about beginning the book. I'm a science fiction writer. My first conference was Romance Times. It had an excellent workshop. I did the full con the next year. It was fun and enlightening.

Good luck in your writing. Grammar help suggested changing your to you're. So much for that. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Welcome @DJ Davis!

I am sorry to say that even though I am an old-timer here at Savvy, this 'site' is about a week old and we are ALL learning to navigate it.

Like @Harold said, click on the offered classes and sign up for a class. That is what gives everyone a chance to interact with instructors and students alike.

Also, there is a SIG (special interest group) on romance (Passion SIG) and it can put you in touch with other like-minded people.

I'm a moderator, so you can ask me (PM me) anything and if I don't know, I can find the one who does. :D

There will probably be other moderators and long-timers like @Lynn Shannon, @Tamsen Kaye, @RJ Garside, @Mona, and @lesliedow will pop in and welcome you.

Lyn

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Welcome @Harold!
I see that you didn't create your own thread--it's allowed here. LOL
Do post about yourself in a separate thread, so more will welcome you properly.
Lyn

Upvote 0
Welcome aboard, DJ. Like Lyn said, we're all learning this new site and doing some exploring on our own, but I highly recommend checking out the blogs. The classes offered here vary from month to month so sooner or later you'll find something that resonates with you.

When you sign up for a class, I urge you to participate. It's the best way to meet people, form new friendships, and get the most helpful feedback on your writing. We don't judge. We've all been newbies here at one point. Personally, because of the classes I've taken, I've seen a tremendous improvement in my writing style.

Above all else, prowl around. Click all the links and see where they take you. (That's what I'm doing. LOL) And don't be afraid to join a discussion or ask for help. We love our newbies....and our old timers, too. Hope to see you in a class.

• Winner
Upvote 0
Welcome to Savvy, DJ! So glad to see you here. Like Lyn, I'm also a moderator so I'll probably see you in some of the workshops here and there. I love taking classes at Savvy and everyone is incredibly helpful and amazingly supportive. If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Upvote 0
Thank you everyone! I have checked out the classes and saw some interesting ones to sign up for. One question, the SIG groups, how do you see if you got accepted and see if there's any conversations going on? I joined the Passion SIG but can't see any threads. :)

lrdavis
lrdavis
We are having a problem with the technical side of things. We need to 'validate' newcomers to the SIGs but the system will not let Admins validate people.

I've tried repeatedly and reported it to Savvy tech support, which has in turn, asked the hosting site (this new one we have only had for two weeks now) for tech support about why it is not working.

I am sorry. We are working on it. I post requests on your behalf every day. I will not give up until I can validate people. It shows up that I haven't done my job every day that it doesn't work. We will find a way on this new site.

Will be in touch,
Lyn
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I hope they have finally resolved it today. Please let me know by PMing me directly if you can't access your SIGs. :D
Good writing,
Lyn

Upvote 0