Carla

Story Jedi
Aug 9, 2018
USA
Hi all,
I'm new to Savvy Authors. I was actually searching for a place to find a CP and someone on Twitter recommended this site. I'm glad they did. I found a class I want to take that starts later in August (Kill All My Clauses and Passive Voice).

At the moment I'm concentrating on short stories (contemporary, horror and everything in between). I'm looking to hone my craft and tighten my writing.

If anyone is in need of a beta reader or critique partner for shorter pieces, let me know. I am in need of the same.

Carla

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Hi Carla! Welcome to the group. I'm a moderator for SA and I believe there's a forum for finding crit partners. I'm just not sure where it's located. That being said, one of the other mods will probably pop in and steer you in the right direction.

I'm glad to hear you found a class to take. We have a ton of great classes and wonderful members to enjoy them with. This particular site is fairly new and I'm still learning how to get around in it, but you can come with me and we'll get lost together. The more, the merrier, right? :giggle:

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Hi Carla

Welcome to Savvy! I'm so glad you decided to join.

I'm Lynn and I'm a moderator for SA. The workshops are a fantastic way to meet new people. I don't know if you aware but there will also be a critique partner event in September. It's a great way to find a critique partner you love or even a group of people you can work with.

If you need anything, give a shout on the forums. Everyone at Savvy is extremely helpful. Again, welcome to Savvy and I'll see you around in the workshops! :)

Carla
Carla
I did hear something about the critique partner event. I will keep an eye out for links to it. Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi Carla!

Welcome! As Lynn Shannon mentioned, you might want to check out our critique partner event in September. We've had some great successes with matching critique partners. :)

This is a friendly community and we hope to see you around! :)

RJ

Upvote 0