David Neuner

Story Laureate
Jun 19, 2017
Greetings fellow SavvyAuthor members. My journey to finishing my first MS has been a long and winding road. I began writing what I thought was book one of a YA trilogy only to find out at the WD Writing Conference in Philadelphia that the age range for the protagonist is very specific. Unfortunately, there was no way I could adjust my character to fit the range w/o impacting the story. My MS was within the desired word count range for YA, but not nearly enough to make it as an adult Sci-Fi / Thriller. So I wrote the entire trilogy as a single novel with three parts and have been exploring the exciting world of querying agents and publishers.

I am currently trying to remain active on Twitter (@david_neuner) and am preparing to begin a new novel while my MS is being considered.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Hi David, welcome to Savvy! If there's anything I can do to help you find your way around, let me know. The mods, and our chief Leslie Dow are all amazing too and sure to give you whatever support you need.
May I suggest signing up for the July writing boot camp? There is a YA team that might be great companions for you if you are planning any writing for July. :)
I've recently returned to YA and though I have a full mixed genre team right now, and realize how out of touch with the genre I've become. Kudos on your first MS!

Upvote 0
Hi David,

Welcome to Savvy! Congrats on finishing your first novel. That's amazing!

Savvy has lots of classes that might be interesting to you. Additionally, joining the writing boot camp - or even just participating in the sprints - is a great way to meet other writers. Everyone at Savvy is amazing - very supportive and extremely helpful. If you need anything, don't hesitate to send a shout out. We all love to help each other.

Good luck on querying agents and publishers. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Upvote 0
Welcome @David Neuner

Savvy Authors is the most cost effective way to learn this business. Congrats on your MS. You are way ahead of me. You'll find lots of support here in your journey to publishing.

I'm one of many Mods (moderators) that assists instructors and students with logistics, so that they are free to teach/study.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. We're here to help.

Lyn

Upvote 0