Hi @Ellen Press
I don't know why your sign in didn't trigger a notification for me. Sorry about that. Welcome to Savvy.
We have a good Kidlit group that encompasses writers from PB to NA. We found that we were having too many little groups that we had to join and so since many of us write under more than one category it was better. If you want to join us, I can approve your membership. :D
Welcome,
Lyn
PS No I didn't go to the LA Conference, did you?
l

Upvote 0
Yes, I would like to join the group. Curious what NA means?
Thanks for the invite.
Ellen

lrdavis
lrdavis
NA stands for New Adult which is an emerging category that contains teens (18 plus) through about 25 years old. Sort of the college years when teenagers are 'becoming adults.'

Think YA on steroids experimenting with more language, violence, sex, etc. as they figure out what they believe and who they are.

It still has the flavor of 'learning' that is not found in novels about adults that have been in the corporate world, post-college and while they may be 're-discovering' who they are unless the person, over 25 years of age, has been stunted by repression, abuse and the like.

NA are usually exploring a love relationship, but not something that will be a 'forever' kind of thing.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0