PRPalisch

Scribe
Jul 16, 2018
Illinois
Hello! Exploring the site and finding lot of valuable writing nuggets. I've been chiseling out a Fantasy novel for a couple of years now. It seems to take a life of its own from time to time :oops:. Looking to interact with other writers and would love to find a group to critique with.
PRPalisch

Reactions: 2 users
Leslie
Leslie
Welcome!
Lyn is always (or nearly always) the first to say hi. :) .
she's right, this week is busy for us because several of us are at the RWA conference. You should definitely poke around. There are some smaller special interest groups or SIGs and one is for spec fic, that might be interesting for you.

Let us know if you have questions!
Leslie
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Welome, @PRPalisch!
I write fantasy, too. You've come to the best place for learning. You might also be interested in joining our new Speculative Fiction group, which has more than just fantasy writers.
At any rate, this is probably the slowest week of the year, since a large group of our powers that be and leaders are at the RWA conference in Colorado. Hence, there are fewer things happening here.
Normally, I would expect @DawnChartier @lesliedow, @RJ Garside, @Mona, @Lynn Shannon @Tamsen Kaye and others to pop in.
But they will be back next week and recovering from their mountain high. :D
I'm a moderator here, which means if I don't know the answer, I can find it or at least the person who can answer you.
Don't hesitate to ask.
I am usually on this site all the time, but I am taking a free 3-month course at the Iowa Writing Program called International Writing Program on Expanding the Margins, so it is taking a little more time from my days. That is just to explain why I might not answer instantly.
Most importantly, welcome!
Lyn

Leslie
Leslie
Yep! I am just sitting down for a few mintues and checking in.

RWA is fun already! Dawn and I will be updating from the conference.

:-D
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Welcome to the group! The more, the merrier!

I didn't make it to the RWA conference this year. I swore I wasn't going again until I had a manuscript under submission, plus I've been super busy this summer. At any rate, like Lyn, I'm here should you need anything or have any questions. Poke around the site and get familiar with it (something I'm still doing), explore the blogs, and check out the classes. One of the things you'll soon notice about us is we all get along and we try to help each other along the road to publication. We have a wonderful group here and we're so happy you decided to join us.

Upvote 0
Welcome PR Palisch!
I'm in Speculative Fiction group and we've already had some nice discussions in there. I write paranormal romance and would one day like to write a straight fantasy. I'm also hoping to find others to critique with too.

Upvote 0
PRPalisch,
I just received this in my email a little while ago. I'm looking forward to reading it and thought it might be of interest to other fantasy authors, too.
Elements of Fantasy: Writing a More Magical Story

Hope this helps someone.

Tambra

Upvote 0