Fortnight Flash Fiction Author
Jun 26, 2014
Northwest Illinois
www.lesliedow.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
This is the second most frequently asked question, so I figured I would post the answer here. :)

Two ways!
1) Many but not all the agents and editors post directly as a reply to your pitch that they are interested. This can be as a request or simply to ask a clarifying question about your pitch. So definitely keep an eye on your pitch. The easiest way to do that is to open your Profile (your image at the top right of the screen)

1666621472095.png
Then choose "Postings"

That will show you all the posts you have made recently:
Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 9.26.49 AM.png
You can check your posts and see if any have been responded to.

2) Once the pitchfest is over we ask that the editors and agents provide us with the full list of requests. We publish that here on the site.

FYI, after that (usually within the same week) we remove all the pitches from public view. That is to protect everyone's privacy and content.

Happy Pitching!

Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0
Thank you for such clear info!
You are very welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We love to get those since we add them to the FAQ
:-D

Upvote 0
This is the second most frequently asked question, so I figured I would post the answer here. :)

Two ways!
1) Many but not all the agents and editors post directly as a reply to your pitch that they are interested. This can be as a request or simply to ask a clarifying question about your pitch. So definitely keep an eye on your pitch. The easiest way to do that is to open your Profile (your image at the top right of the screen)

View attachment 14251
Then choose "Postings"

View attachment 14252

2) Once the pitchfest is over we ask that the editors and agents provide us with the full list of requests. We publish that here on the site.

FYI, after that (usually within the same week) we remove all the pitches from public view. That is to protect everyone's privacy and content.

Happy Pitching!
Thanks for such a clear answer. That’s one worry solved! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Two ways!

View attachment 14251
Then choose "Postings"

View attachment 14252

Happy Pitching!
Thank you. That was one of my questions. You know the worst thing about pitching early in the event? Waiting for the replies!

Upvote 0
Thank you. That was one of my questions. You know the worst thing about pitching early in the event? Waiting for the replies!
Have you done this event before, Wendy? I'm wondering if no replies now means no replies ever, or if agents do start to reply after a couple of days? I've noticed a few agents replying already to other pitches, so I'm wondering if that means they won't be replying to mine :p

Upvote 0
Have you done this event before, Wendy? I'm wondering if no replies now means no replies ever, or if agents do start to reply after a couple of days? I've noticed a few agents replying already to other pitches, so I'm wondering if that means they won't be replying to mine :p
Some agents wait until the pitch is over, some reply right away.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Does anyone know what it means when an agent likes your pitch? Not with a written reply, but only with a like? Does it mean (as in Twitter pitch events) that they want you to go to their website and follow their query instructions? Or that they’ll be getting in touch later with more specific instructions? Or what? Thanks in advance. I looked but I didn't see any information about this on the site.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know what it means when an agent likes your pitch? Not with a written reply, but only with a like? Does it mean (as in Twitter pitch events) that they want you to go to their website and follow their query instructions? Or that they’ll be getting in touch later with more specific instructions? Or what? Thanks in advance. I looked but I didn't see any information about this on the site.
Hi Laura
That is a great question for which I do not have a firm answer. Our only guidance to the PubPros is to comment if they want to see more and to provide us a list of their requests at the end of the Pitchfest. Maybe they are using this to keep track of pitches they want to think more about or maybe it was an inadvertent click. I suggest you wait until the end of the Pitchfest to see if they add your pitch to the list of requests.
Thanks and good luck!
Leslie

Upvote 0

Two ways!

View attachment 14251
Then choose "Postings"

View attachment 14252

Happy Pitching!
This is why I love Savvy Authors.

Upvote 0
Do we pitch one time? On a specific thread? Or if not, how, please? I would like to pitch, but am really confused about how to go about it. And it one line, three lines, a page? Help!

jrgoetz
jrgoetz
I was super worried about this last time (which was my first time) as well. If my memory serves, you can pitch a project to an agent one time, and up to three different project at most. When Pitchfest opens and you see someone you like, you can bookmark the thread and comment on it. Some of the agents respond to your comment directly, some will e-mail you, and some you don't hear from but will find on the list they put out two weeks after Pitchfest is done. All pitches are three line pitches, which is something I hadn't worked on before. Angela Knight puts on a pitch polish course sometimes and I took it last month and learned a ton. Might be something to consider in the future. (Not to jinx you or anything)
  • Happy
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi @Miss Rosa Pink,

Our Sweetheart Pitchfest ended last week. We are already getting started on our Autumn Pitchfest. You can check out the details and register HERE.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need any assistance.

RJ

Upvote 0