WendyB

Premium Member
Feb 16, 2022
Hawaii
wbelle225196495.wordpress.com
I've been kicking around the idea of a premium membership, I'd have to drop something else so I need to know more.
First; I live in Hawaii which is 5-6 hours behind the east coast, depending on Daylight savings time. Some of the times listed for classes and workshops I might be interested in start at 4 in the morning for me. Even motivated, I am not really awake that early. Is there a lot of teacher/attendee interaction? I'd miss that if all I could do was watch a video.
Second question; Does premium membership mean free classes or would there be an extra charge above the monthly fee?
Thank you for helping.

Upvote 0
I've been kicking around the idea of a premium membership, I'd have to drop something else so I need to know more.
First; I live in Hawaii which is 5-6 hours behind the east coast, depending on Daylight savings time. Some of the times listed for classes and workshops I might be interested in start at 4 in the morning for me. Even motivated, I am not really awake that early. Is there a lot of teacher/attendee interaction? I'd miss that if all I could do was watch a video.
Second question; Does premium membership mean free classes or would there be an extra charge above the monthly fee?
Thank you for helping.
Hi Wendy, welcome to Savvy!
Our classes are taught in a forum-based classroom. Instructors post text-based lessons and homework and you reply with your responses/lessons. Our FAQ explains it far better than I am. Classes at SavvyAuthors
Basically, you can log in and participate at any time that works for you while class is going on. That can be anywhere from a week long to several months depending on the class.

There is an additional fee for each class. Your Premium Membership gives you a discount that is usually ~25% of the class price but varies depending on the class. So if you take a few classes it pays for itself. We also have events such as the Once Scene a Day BootCamp that starts on April 1 that is free for Premium Members. I have not posted it yet, but we are also going to run a Slackers Book Club over the summer, where we read writing craft books and discuss them.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Leslie

Upvote 0