Savvy Super Mod
Savvy Mod
Instructor
Premium Member
Savvy Volunteer
  • Dec 31, 2012
    South Dakota
    Six Figure Author.jpeg

Has anyone read this book? I'm about halfway through, and though I'd already learned several of his points through Facebook Groups, it's a really interesting read. He also has a ton more books out for writers. Write to Market, Ads for Authors...

Any suggestion on which book of his I should devour next?

Reactions: 1 user
    Upvote 0
    I've seen that book but I haven't read it yet. I'm just starting this one...
    1574695150281.png

Upvote 0
    I've read that one too. They all mostly say the same thing. Write to market, invest in covers and editors, rapid release, grow your newsletter (your warm audience), learn FaceBook and AMS ads. Also, the book I'm reading mentions that if you get two hundred buys on your book right out of the gate (in KU), and they are 'serial readers' in your preferred genre, that Amazon basically markets the crap out of your book without you having to do ads. Then again, the book I'm reading was pubbed back in 2015 or 2016, so maybe it's changed by now.

Leslie
    Leslie
    Oh, it's changed for sure. Facebook ads change all the time and sometimes in really subtle ways. I bet that serial reader thing was because KU was just getting started in 2015-2016. With so many authors in now, I'd be surprised if they marketed anything because authors are buying ads so Amazon does not have to push anything.
    Reactions: 1 users
    Upvote 0
    Dawn_McClure
    Dawn_McClure
    I was watching The Writing Gals the other night, and they can still tell when Amazon is 'pushing' one of their books. Since Amazon knows everything you buy (they track you EVERYWHERE), they know who is buying what, and they try (mostly with incentive $$ haha) to get books in front of the correct readers. Which is why everyone says to write to market, and why I'm sad that I'm in between steamy and clean.

I know one thing. I haven't figured out the formula, but I'm sure once I do, it'll change again. LOL
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    It's so hard to write for market because it changes so often. I've heard vampires are coming back. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Funny
    Reactions: 1 users
    Upvote 0