--Celeste--

Story Laureate
Dec 9, 2010
Hello. I have been a member of your forum for some time and I enjoy being a member of this community. I am also an amateur writer and I am taking a shot at my first real novel. But that is a story for another time :D

I have visited some other forums and there are a few things that I have been accustomed to which I do not see here. I think that they will improve the user experience here a great deal. Here it goes. 1) A recent threads box on a separate page showing x latest threads. That would be a good way to keep track of them. The New Post that you have here it makes posts disappear after you read them. 2) A Like and Dislike options for threads. For instance, there are a couple of threads that I like and I would like to be able to like them and then give a reason as to why I liked them. The same goes for threads that I dislike. I want to let that be known. And all threads that will be disliked most can be locked or moderated. These were what I can think for the moment. I do hope that you will take my request into consideration.

Best Regards,

Celeste

Upvote 0
Hi Celeste
Thanks for the suggestions. We do have a like/dislike option that has been temporarily turned off. We plan to enable it very soon! Ditto for the recent threads..there is an option via a menu where you can view New Posts. But I agree a text box that shows them would be useful!

Thanks
Leslie

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply lesliedow. Is the like option for threads or only for posts? Because I meant it for threads and not for posts. Threads contain the content, hence why it is more important there so they can stand out. The like option that you have, does it come with a reason box where we can enter our reason for liking or disliking that thread? That other forum that I visit from time to time has gained a lot of activity because of those options I mentioned in my previous post.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply lesliedow. Is the like option for threads or only for posts? Because I meant it for threads and not for posts. Threads contain the content, hence why it is more important there so they can stand out. The like option that you have, does it come with a reason box where we can enter our reason for liking or disliking that thread? That other forum that I visit from time to time has gained a lot of activity because of those options I mentioned in my previous post.
Leslie is working to implement as many features as we can.

There will be like and quite a few other options in the list. I think there were about 10 before the site froze and wouldn't let us in. She has disabled those options to insure the stability of the classes first. She will be adding them back in (sorry for the delay).

As I noted before (although I have to post a disclaimer I have no real knowledge of the inner workings; I'm just a mod) when so many swooped over to this site and began using all the features, it overloaded like Apple had a crash when too many people wanted its iPod. :)

Re: your question about the box for reasons like/dislike--I will say "no." The box was not available for the icons we had before...and will have again.

Although keep the ideas coming. Your suggestions are great. And I'm sure Leslie takes note of anything that will improve the site and perhaps make available at the next upgrade.

I hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Hi Samanthya,
Sorry for your difficulty. I'll pass it along to the techies.
Could you possibly take a screen shot to show us?
I found that my reading of things before 'logging in' is always a few shades lighter. Do you find a difference?
Let me know if there isn't a response by the tech rep.
Lyn

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0