Carla

Story Jedi
Aug 9, 2018
USA
I read on in the description of the Pitchfest that one's manuscript needs to be finished with a "pass or few of edits." How polished does it need to be in order to pitch? Pristine?

I have a manuscript that is drafted and I've done a developmental edit, so the story elements won't change from here on. I'm revising now for flow and errors. It might take another month or two to get it perfected. Should I pitch or wait for another pitchfest?

I'd appreciate any words of advice from veterans.

Thanks!
Carla

Leslie
Leslie
Hi Carla
I think it depends on how willing you are to send it out immediately to an agent or editor. Usually, they expect to get what they requested fairly quickly. So if you are not willing to send it out within a few days, I would wait until the next event, which will be in the summer.
Best
Leslie
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you have registered for a class: there is a list of links on the right of your screen (Home, Forums, Classes ect.) click on the arrow beside the classes one and you should get a dropdown menu. In it is registered classes. Click on that. It should take you to a list of all the classes you have registered for and then you can just click on the one you are looking for. Hope this helps

Upvote 0