Welcome to the Brainstorming Corner

Mona

Savvy Super Mod
Savvy Mod
Premium Member
Savvy Volunteer
Feb 19, 2010
Cove, TX
I'm coming at this as not a major reader of fae stories but I am familiar and have read some stories set in such realms.

How is your world set up? Are there different "factions" or are the various areas specific to the seasons?
In this instance, the young people involved are focused only on what concerns them, which happens to be the "Summerlands" area. A full-blooded fey teams up with a human (who's slowly becoming fey) to find the witch, sorcerer or whomever stole the fey's magic. They set out crossing the land in search of someone who can give them information, but they don't venture into the world of the dark fey or swart elves.
I know the Scottish version is called Elfhame, but everyone's read about the Summerlands or Elfhame, hence the need for a fresh name. The story's about the characters rather than the realm so I don't suppose it really matters. LOL

Upvote 0
In this instance, the young people involved are focused only on what concerns them, which happens to be the "Summerlands" area. A full-blooded fey teams up with a human (who's slowly becoming fey) to find the witch, sorcerer or whomever stole the fey's magic. They set out crossing the land in search of someone who can give them information, but they don't venture into the world of the dark fey or swart elves.
I know the Scottish version is called Elfhame, but everyone's read about the Summerlands or Elfhame, hence the need for a fresh name. The story's about the characters rather than the realm so I don't suppose it really matters. LOL

I'm sorry for not checking back sooner and you've probably figured this out by now, but ins ated of having Summer in teh name maybe something "summer related" The Brightvale or The Goldenlands?

Upvote 0

Mona

Savvy Super Mod
Savvy Mod
Premium Member
Savvy Volunteer
Feb 19, 2010
Cove, TX
I'm sorry for not checking back sooner and you've probably figured this out by now, but ins ated of having Summer in teh name maybe something "summer related" The Brightvale or The Goldenlands?
No worries. We’re all busy nowadays. I like both names and either would work. Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Mona

Savvy Super Mod
Savvy Mod
Premium Member
Savvy Volunteer
Feb 19, 2010
Cove, TX
Would anyone like to set some writing goals or have accountability partners? We could set a goal (time or word count) for the week and check in the following week on how well we did meeting that goal. If you’re interested, just let me know.

Upvote 0