Blastoff Beginnings: Writing opening chapters that take readers along for the ride w/ Angela Knight

Plot-Structure-GMC Blastoff Beginnings: Writing opening chapters that take readers along for the ride w/ Angela Knight

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40

**Register by May 3 and save $5, use code BLASTOFFKNIGHT2021 at checkout!**
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Description/Setting
  3. Editing
  4. Dialogue
  5. Structure
  6. GMC
  7. POV
  8. Voice
  9. Worldbuilding
  10. Writer's Life
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
BLASTOFFKNIGHT2021
In this month-long online class, New York Times best-selling author Angela Knight discusses how to write a beginning that will have readers clicking the BUY button.

Knight examines the elements that engage the reader’s curiosity and make her care about your characters. She will explain how to design and execute a fantastic story that will land you on your readers’ auto-buy lists.
Syllabus
Lessons in this month-long online class will be posted on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, students may email scenes to Angela for a critique and suggestions. This won’t be shared with the class.
  • Introduction — why the first chapter matters
  • What every story’s beginning must do to engage the reader
  • Building your book’s conflict launchpad
  • Internal conflict without navel-gazing
  • Romantic conflict for smart characters
  • External conflict without wimps
  • Make me care
  • Brainstorming the perfect scene to introduce your hero or heroine
  • First lines and first pages
  • The heroic couple’s first scene together
  • The villain’s first scene
  • Plotting your course
Author
Angela Knight
Start date
May 10, 2021 at 9:00 AM
End date
Jun 6, 2021 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
May 12, 2021 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.93 star(s) 100 ratings

More classes from Angela Knight

Latest reviews

Great class with examples from her writing that helped illustrate the concept, and her critiques of my WIP were extremely helpful. Highly recommended.
Ms. Knight is very knowledgeable and gives a lot of great info. I especially liked the writing samples that followed some of the lessons to give us examples of the concept. I do think this class should be marketed to romance writers because the examples and even many of the lessons seemed focused on romance writing. I understand Ms. Knight is a romance author, but since it marketed as a class for writing opening pages, I assumed the info. would be a bit more generic and apply to all genres. Still, I learned lots that I plan to implement into my own writing. I was even inspired to consider writing a romance!