Build Your Own Book Trailer with Robin Facer

Business Build Your Own Book Trailer with Robin Facer

Level
Intermediate
Category
  1. Business
  2. Marketing
Working with video is a useful tool to have in your Author’s Toolbox. Put your storytelling skills to work in a new way and get readers excited about your novel by learning to create your own video book trailers.

This mini-workshop will include insights into successful visual storytelling, resources for cheap (and even free!) stock images and video clips, along with How-To tips like choosing the right music, and keeping the script short and sweet.
Syllabus
Topics will include:
  • Follow the Leader – Sample Book Trailers that Work
  • Short Scriptwriting 101 – Turning a Pitch into a One-Minute Script
  • The Importance of Audio – Making Voiceover and Music Choices
  • Hard-working Visuals – Photo vs. Video and Choosing Images that Convey Tone and Theme
  • Finishing Touches and Exporting Files – Beta Viewers, Gauging Impact, What’s an mp4?
** Each topic will include a short written lesson, video examples, and links to additional resources.
Author
Robin Facer
Start date
Sep 14, 2018 at 10:45 PM
End date
Sep 16, 2018 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 16, 2018 at 12:00 AM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Latest reviews

D
This class provided a variety of options and tools to use for creating videos for your books, using music, voiceover and images along with text. Great tips--thank you!
I'd never considered a book trailer before I took this class. Now I definitely want one, when my book is ready for public consumption. The class was very informative, which great examples, and a nice list of resources. I hope Robin teaches this again in a longer form. It was very exciting!!