Edit a Bestseller Like a Pro with Liz Pelletier

Editing Edit a Bestseller Like a Pro with Liz Pelletier

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Member $50 & Basic Member $60
Category
  1. Editing
“I’m going to share a little secret with you… Editors typically consider the mechanics of your writing only if they’re truly horrible, but that’s only after they decide if they can sell your story, if they love your voice. In the history of publishing, I don’t think anyone has ever lost a book deal due to a missing comma or over-usage of adverbs. If you can write a story that a reader can’t put down, even despite grammatical errors… Now that’s a bestseller.

“With that in mind, during this workshop we’re going to focus on both the big picture and line edits, but we’ll be focusing on concepts that will help you craft a bestseller: How to review your book through the standard three pass editing structure used by professionals, how to evaluate character growth arcs and story structure, how to peel away those bad writing habits to reveal your voice, and how to refine your writing style so a fluid and engaging story emerges.

“By the end of the day, I hope everyone will have the tools they’ll need to “Edit a Bestseller Like A Pro”!”
Author
Liz
Start date
Sep 14, 2016 at 9:00 PM
End date
Sep 14, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 14, 2016 at 9:05 PM
Rating
4.79 star(s) 34 ratings

More classes from Liz