One Scene a Day with Dawn McClure

Writing Life One Scene a Day with Dawn McClure

1609620946666.png
During this month-long class you will have written and edited half of a novel-length book—without breaking a sweat. Join SavvyAuthors’ Dawn McClure to learn the Writer’s Secret Handshake. It’s a simple process that will have you churning out a book every three months—while only working on weekdays.

Motivation and determination will get you anywhere you want to be. Lack of motivation is why self-help books are taking up so much space on the shelves. People are searching for an easy way. They are looking for the path most traveled. Well, if you listen to all the great authors, it’s the path LEAST traveled that will get you to where you’ve been wanting to go—but I bet you already knew that. The great authors have a not-so-secret handshake, but you have to weed through all the pretty quotes to get to it. You have to stop looking for the easy way when it comes to writing a novel, and, you know, sit down and write it.

If you’re filling out your planner week by week and still not getting anywhere when it comes to writing, you’re nothing but a hamster on a wheel. You need to get out of the rut. You need like-minded people pushing you on—and none too gently. Writing is a business. If you start treating it like one, magic happens.

This class will give you exactly what you need for a thirty-day journey to a new you. If you follow the steps and handouts provided, a motivated, energetic author will emerge. Through tips, tricks and PDFs, you’ll not only set up your writing process—you’ll finally stick to it.
Author
Dawn_McClure
Start date
Mar 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM
End date
Mar 31, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Mar 3, 2021 at 12:00 AM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 13 ratings

More classes from Dawn_McClure

Latest reviews

I highly recommend this event. Excellent class, supplies all the necessary tools/methods to overcome one's inability to go forward to complete a work in progress. The lessons are insightful and touch upon all obstacles encountered to impede success, I benefitted tremendously from this event. Thank You!
I really enjoyed this boot camp. It kept me accountable, and helped develop a system that pushed for words. Some days were more. Some days a lot less. But it all added up. My day job did interfere as hours became demanding towards the end. But this camp gave me a great head start. I loved the lessons and class participation. I got great tips from both. I would love to participate in more events given by Dawn. She is super motivating and down to earth.
I really enjoyed the frequent tips and posts. They were helpful and often included information I hadn't hear before. I didn't keep up as well as I'd hoped because I was taking two other classes. LOL What I would suggest for future month-long events is a few days to a week of related prep. For example, posts about creating characters, villains, and plotting are needed before you start the month, so you are ready to jump in writing on day 1.
I loved the accountability of this event which kept me going even though my life was a little chaotic. The lessons/lectures were interesting. I forgot to download them. But I have the worksheets which are a extremely useful in focusing my writing/editing.