Outlining Your Novel with Ivy Quinn

Plot-Structure-GMC Outlining Your Novel with Ivy Quinn

Level
Beginning
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium members $40/Basic members $50

Register by February 21st and save $5, use code OUTLININGQUINN2022 at checkout!
Category
  1. Structure
  2. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
OUTLININGQUINN2022
Class Length
4 Weeks
Do you struggle with getting started? Are you a pantser who has always wanted to try plotting? Do you wish you could write faster?

In this class, USA Today Bestselling author Ivy Quinn will take you through the steps of creating a detailed thirty chapter or so outline for your novel so that you'll be able to open that file each day while you work and know exactly where you're going and help get your work done faster.
Syllabus
The course will be over four weeks and be broken down into two classes per week:
1) why outline and an introduction to outlining
2) how to do the pre-work to create convincing GMC
3) Digging deeper into character's psyches to help build plot
4) Starting from your elevator pitch
5) Expanding out with the Snowflake Method
6) Three Act Structure, Hero's Journey and Heroine's Journey
7) Adjusting for Pacing
8) Creating the bullet outline to accompany your master outline to help keep you focused
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
Margaret
Start date
Feb 28, 2022 at 9:00 AM
End date
Mar 28, 2022 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Mar 3, 2022 at 12:50 AM
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Latest reviews

I wish I had known the class was based on emails and homework rather than webinars. I think that's why 80% of the participants who signed up, dropped out. If the instructor had mentioned this beforehand, I would have never paid my money. More information would be greatly appreciated.
Margaret
From SavvyAuthors Admin: Thanks for the feedback. We have added information about the class format to each class. And we are adding support for video classes!