Understand and Use Character Arc with Jodi Henley

Craft Understand and Use Character Arc with Jodi Henley

New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $20 & Basic Members $25

Register by May 22nd and save $5, use code ARCHENLEY2023 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
ARCHENLEY2023
Class Length
1 Week
Solidify your plotting and add emotional resonance with a strong character arc. Hands on and immediately actionable, this workshop comes with two simple lessons, three easy to use worksheets, and lots of feedback by a developmental editor who has worked on hundreds of stories. If your arc is broken, let’s fix it!
Syllabus
  • The simple three point structure of a character arc.
  • How to “see” and use the character arc for plotting and to add emotional resonance.
Worksheets:
  • Worksheet 1: Pinpoint and “see” the character arc in your story
  • Worksheet 2: Use your character’s arc to tighten, fix or solidify your plot.
  • Worksheet 3: Use your character’s arc for deeper emotional resonance
  • Bonus worksheet: Use your character’s arc to set up for a multi-book series
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
amd
Start date
May 29, 2023 at 9:00 AM
End date
Jun 5, 2023 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Jun 1, 2023 at 12:50 AM
Rating
4.70 star(s) 10 ratings

More classes from amd

Latest reviews

As always Jodi’s classes are worth so much more than the price. Her experience and suggestions were key in me completing my book.
excellent class I used the handouts for my current work in process and they gave me some strong insights into the growth of both characters before I started writing. well done. would recommend to anyone
Really enjoyed the class and all of the wonderful advice. Would recommend this class again!