Writing the Thriller with Steve Shrott

Genre-Action Adventure Writing the Thriller with Steve Shrott

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Basic members $35/Premium members $25

Register by August 12 and save $5, use code THRILLERSHROTT2019 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Description/Setting
  3. Structure
  4. Genre
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
THRILLERSHROTT2019
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to construct a thriller from beginning to end. Some of the topics covered are:
  • What is a thriller and why are they so popular?
  • The many different categories of thrillers
  • Secrets of creating commercial story ideas
  • Developing a ‘hot’ plot
  • How to start your story with a bang and keep up the momentum
  • Techniques that help us write high octane scenes and chapters that keep readers turning pages
  • Designing heroes that your readers care about as well as three dimensional villains
  • Crafting twists and reversals that no one sees coming
  • Strategies to keep the tension taut, and the suspense sizzling
  • Uncovering the techniques of top thriller writers
So if you want to learn how to write one of the world’s most popular genres, then join me for the workshop, ‘Writing the Thriller.’
Author
Stevens7_2000-yahoo.ie
Start date
Aug 19, 2019 at 9:00 AM
End date
Sep 1, 2019 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
Aug 21, 2019 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.94 star(s) 49 ratings

More classes from Stevens7_2000-yahoo.ie

Latest reviews

Mr. Shrott provided great examples to make his points, made suggestions and answered our questions quickly. I'll definitely look for more of his classes. Thanks for offering this class!
Steve is a great instructor. His notes are an amazing reference tool and his feedback on the homework is so helpful to gain insights on areas where one's writing craft can improve. I have gained a tremendous amount from all of the classes I have taken. He takes the class siubject and walks the class through how to understand the genre and what components are necessary. I highly recommend this and any of his classes.
Steve Shrott was extremely thorough in lectures, giving feedback on homework assignments and answering questions. The assignments were very engaging and many students posted excellent work. He gave very thorough critiques and suggestions, while maintaining an infectious enthusiasm. He delivered on his promise to get students to come up with a thriller plot and outline by the end of the session. It worked for me!
Steve is clear and concise in his lessons. He gives an overview of the definition of a thriller and then walks students through the process of plotting a thriller. By the end of two weeks we had a story idea, book blurb, plot points leading to the midpoint, and further twists after the midpoint. We had an overview of our protagonist and antagonist. He gave valuable feedback along the way and his enthusiasm for the genre was contagious. Thank you!