Agents confirmed for Pitchfest

Pitch your completed book to one of our great agents from Oct 28, 2020 to Oct 30, 2020.
or Return to the Pitchfest index?

Jacqueline Lipton, Ravenquill Literary Agency

Currently looking for: middle grade and young adult fiction and nonfiction.

About Jacqui:

Jacqui Lipton represents a broad range of work, focusing on books for children and young adults, both fiction and nonfiction. She has been an avid reader since elementary school, back in the days when “YA” wasn’t even a thing

Her tastes were always broad and eclectic. She loved (and still does) everything from a good murder mystery to space opera to contemporary romance and everything in between. Her background is also eclectic. At university (yes, in Australia and England they call it “university”), she studied law, psychology, drama, languages, and information technology. She practiced as a banking and finance attorney in Australia, and has worked as a law professor in Australia, the UK and the United States where her teaching and writing has focused on laws relating to the publishing industry, digital technology law, copyright, trademark, privacy, and defamation.

She holds an MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from Vermont College of Fine Arts and regularly teaches classes on writing and on legal aspects of publishing around the country for organizations like The Writing Barn, Savvy Authors, and a variety of adult education courses, MA and MFA programs, and libraries. Before joining Storm Literary Agency, she was a reader for literary agent, Susan Hawk for several years and a reader and member of the social media team for The YA Review Network (YARN) Jacqui is currently seeking submissions for middle grade and young adult, both fiction and nonfiction.

Learn more about Jacqueline and Ravenquill Literary Agency!

Lynnette Novak, Literary Agent at The Seymour Agency

Currently looking for: (Always looking for own voices, diversity, and LGBTQ+!!!)

In adult fiction: thrillers, psychological suspense, horror, contemporary romance, romantic comedy, and mysteries (traditional, amateur sleuth, and cozy).

In young adult fiction: thrillers, psychological suspense, horror, mysteries, sci-fi, fantasy, and contemporary.

In middle grade fiction: fantasy, sci-fi, action/adventure, mystery, contemporary, horror, and humor.

In children’s fiction: picture books (non-rhyming preferred).

About Lynnette:

Lynnette Novak is an agent at The Seymour Agency and is currently building her client list.

Prior to joining The Seymour Agency, Lynnette spent seventeen years freelance editing. She worked with new writers, advanced writers, as well as New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors. Lynnette earned a bachelor of education degree from the University of Manitoba, where she specialized in English and French. She excelled in Advanced Creative Writing in university and studied writing for children and teens through the Institute of Children’s Literature. She was a Pitch Wars mentor in 2015 and 2016. Both her mentees acquired an agent. Lynnette has since closed her editing business and is excited to bring her passion for the written word to agenting.

Although Lynnette was born and raised Manitoba, Canada, she now lives in Minnesota with her husband, twin girls, and many pets. Her personal interests include reading, writing, exercising at the gym (okay, that’s a love/hate relationship), working on an assortment of crafts, all things having to do with animals (if she could own a farm, zoo, and animal shelter, she would), and enjoying time with family and friends.

She loves dark and suspenseful, mysterious twists, unique worlds, light and funny, a good love story, and lots of voice.

Follow Lynnette on Twitter: @Lynnette_Novak

Learn more about Lynnette and the Seymour Agency!

Hannah VanVels, Belcastro Agency

Currently looking for: First and foremost, I'm building an inclusive list with a variety of voices and genres. I love working on #OwnVoices stories, and I'm looking for BIPOC voices, queer voices, and generally, voices from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds, regardless of genre. I focus on picture books, middle grade, and young adult, as well as a select adult genres (fantasy and women’s fiction).

About Hannah:

Hannah’s life is consumed by all things bookish, and when she’s not working on books, she can usually be found curled up with a good cup of coffee or a glass of wine. She earned her BA at the University of Michigan and holds MA degrees from Tel Aviv University and the University of Chicago. In addition to agenting, Hannah owns a freelance editing business. Hannah has worked various bookish jobs including a stint as a bookseller at Barnes & Noble, a freelance editor for scholarly and academic essays and journals, and most recently as the acquiring editor at a young adult imprint with HarperCollins Publishing. Hannah loves working closely with authors and coming alongside them to make their vision come to life on page. She lives in West Michigan with her partner, two German Shepherds, and two cats.

Learn more about Hannah and the Belcastro Agency!

Tara Gilbert, The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency

Currently looking for:

Tara is currently acquiring upper MG, YA, and Adult. She prefer writing styles that are accessible, grounded, and very character-driven. She loves beautiful prose, but not so much that they take away from the story. Shes drawn to voices with a literary bent to them for fantasy and horror. For fun, light-hearted books, she loves very emotional and funny voices. She doesn't like books revolving around pregnancy, suicide, politics, or infidelity. Learn more about Tara here: www.taragilbert.com.

About Tara:

Tara joined The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency as an Associate Literary Agent in 2020. Previously she was an Associate Agent at Corvisiero Literary Agency. Tara has been in the publishing industry since 2017, which included an internship at Entangled Publishing. When Tara isn't reading manuscripts and working with her clients, she is tending to her flowers, traveling, or walking in the beautiful forests of the Pacific Northwest.

Learn more about The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency!

Jennifer Herrington, Harvey Klinger Literary Agency

Currently looking for own voices, diversity, and LGBTQ+ in middle grade, young adult, and adult fiction.

• In middle grade fiction: contemporary, paranormal, mystery, horror, graphic novels, humor, sci-fi, action/adventure, fantasy (except high Fantasy).
  • In young adult fiction: contemporary, romance (all genres) romantic comedy, mysteries, horror, graphic novels, sci-fi, fantasy (except high Fantasy), thriller, literary.
  • In adult fiction: contemporary, romance (all genres), romantic comedy, mystery, horror, thrillers, sci-fi, fantasy (except high Fantasy), suspense, literary, women’s fiction.
  • To learn more about her wishlist, check out her Manuscript Wishlist.

About Jennifer:

Jennifer started her career on the editorial side of publishing with Kensington Books Publishing’s Lyrical Press imprint and an internship with Entangled Publishing. She’s also worked as a freelance editor for independent authors. After an internship at a New York agency, she joined the Harvey Klinger Agency in 2020. Jennifer graduated with a diploma in Radio & Television Broadcasting and recently completed her Publishing Certificate with a designation in children's literature at Ryerson University. Jennifer is currently building her list and is interested in representing middle grade, YA, and adult fiction. She’s especially open to BIPOC and LGBTQ voices in the mentioned categories. Jennifer lives in Ontario, Canada, with her husband, three sons, and two dogs.

About the Harvey Klinger Agency:

HARVEY KLINGER LITERARY AGENCY represents high quality writers of adult fiction, nonfiction, young adult and middle grade books.
    With an eye for spotting talent, we pride ourselves on our strong editorial skills, unparalleled relations with all major publishers, and a unique collaborative work environment. We adopt a hands-on, personal approach with every author we take on, focusing not just on their books, but on their careers.
    Compelling new ideas, well-crafted stories, and great writing always excite and inspire us. We are passionate about bringing both professionally successful and brand new voices to American and international book markets while aggressively selling film, TV and foreign rights for our clients, working with the top film and sub agents in the business.
    Learn more about Jennifer and Harvey Klinger!

Analieze Cervantes, Harvey Klinger Literary Agency

Analieze is currently looking for stories in YA and Adult Fiction. She specializes in Sci-Fi, Romance, Thriller, Suspense, and Mystery. She is especially open to BIPOC and LGBTQ voices in the mentioned categories.

As an Agent for the Harvey Klinger Literary Agency. I am looking for character-driven books that grip me from the first page until the very end. I want fantastic world-building, a clear plot, and want to know your main character's desire by the time I get to page ten. Time shouldn't exist when I read your manuscript. I want to be hooked and pulled into your world. Great writing is awesome, but your characters matter most to me. I want books that make me cry, laugh, and to feel connected to your main character. For thrillers, I want to be on the edge of my seat and have no clue on how your book is going to end. I want to vouch for your main character and cheer them on by the end of your story.

About Analieze and Harvey Klinger

Analieze is a graduate from Cal State San Bernardino where she studied English: Creative Writing along with a minor in Screenwriting. She has also worked as an Editorial Freelancer for Independent Authors. She started her career as an intern at a New York Literary Agency and was mentored by Saritza Hernandez. She then joined the Harvey Klinger Literary Agency in 2020. She currently resides in Southern California with her five dogs.

Learn more about Analieze and Harvey Klinger!

Jolene Haley, Marsal Lyon Literary Agency

Currently Looking for:

Jolene represents middle grade, young adult, and adult fiction. She is drawn to original concepts, compelling characters, and stories with plot twists that keep her guessing. In all genres, she welcomes diverse stories and characters that reflect the world we live in.

On the children’s side, Jolene is open to a broad range of MG and YA, especially contemporary, mystery, magical realism, romance, and horror. On the adult side, she is seeking commercial women’s fiction, romance (all subgenres), mystery/crime, horror, and immersive literary fantasies.

On the non-fiction side, Jolene enjoys books on the following topics: lifestyle, health, wellness, self-help, spiritualism, and true crime.

For a lengthier wish list, visit her wish list page on her website.

About Jolene

Jolene Haley joined the Marsal Lyon Literary Agency in 2020 and has been in the publishing industry since 2012. She has worked for literary agencies and publishers like The Bent Agency, Corvisiero Literary Agency, Entangled Publishing, and Swoon Romance, and has an extensive background in marketing. Her well-rounded experience provides a unique perspective and a solid foundation to support authors as they build their careers.

She graduated with accolades from Cal State Fullerton with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Composition. She runs a global horror writer’s resource site The Midnight Society and is a member of ALA, HWA, and SCBWI.

Follow Jolene on Twitter, Instagram, or her website.

Learn more about Jolene and Marsal Lyon Literary Agency!

Amy Giuffrida, The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency

Currently looking for:

• MIDDLE GRADE AND YA-I am seeking on the hunt for horror, mystery, and non-issue contemporary stories. I'd also love to find a novel in verse that deals with first love, discovering your true self, and growing up.
  • ADULT-I really want scary, smart horror. Give me all the unreliable narrators! I am especially looking for a rom com that is #ownvoices.
  • NONFICTIONfor all age categories, I am looking for powerful stories from diverse voices, including cookbooks that highlight family stories or ancestral anecdotes. I also LOVE pop culture and am always searching for that fun book that gives us the scoop.

In all age categories, if you have a unique perspective on an old theme…send it to me! I am especially interested in underrepresented and diverse voices. All people need to see themselves in the characters on the page, so send me LGBTQ+, BIPOC, #OwnVoices stories.

I am not currently looking for pandemic stories, religions stories, science fiction, children's books, or anything with graphic violence- suicide, rape, incest, or abuse of any kind.

About Amy:

Amy’s life is consumed with all things bookish. When she’s not working on books, she’s talking about books. In her spare time, you can find Amy renovating her house, binge-watching TV shows on Hulu, or and reading something scary—all while snuggling with her three rescue dogs.

Learn more about The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency!

Kortney Price, Ravenquill Literary Agency

Currently looking for: Picture book through young adult.

I work primarily on stories from picture book up through young adult. My tastes in stories are pretty broad, but here’s a rundown of what I’m most excited about seeing in my inbox…

In picture books, I'm looking exclusively for family stories focusing on holidays, traditions, and other special family times.

In middle grade, I’m still more than a little obsessed with finding a wilderness survival story. Show me kid versus nature, whether it be mountains, desert islands, or jungle, I’m dying to find something in this realm. Otherwise I’m looking for super creepy horror, poignant contemporary, historical adventures and troublemakers on the space station type of sci-fi. Oh! And I'm a sucker for a phenomenal graphic novel of any type.

I'm also looking for nonfiction for middle grade readers. I'm most interested in books written for girls that deal with social issues, health and all of the wonderful/horrible aspects of middle school and growing up.

In young adult, I’m looking for the same kind of survival stories as I am in middle grade. Contemporary YA would be either lighthearted romance with a good dose of comedy, or a much more serious contemporary tackling topics that are much heavier such as dealing with trauma.

My MAIN wish in YA is for more horror, magical realism, psychological thriller, genre blending historical… basically all of the stories you avoid reading when home alone. I adore stories with a distinctly gothic feel, hauntings, psychological cat and mouse games, or other dark and twisty elements.

I am incredibly passionate about diverse representation in the books I work with. It’s not mandatory, but for me all of those uniquely special brains or bodies that don’t operate like everyone else’s are some of the best people in the world and I am determined to ensure these communities have representation in the books they read.

About Kortney:

Kortney graduated with a B.A. in English from Greenville University in 2014. Since then she has interned  with several prominent literary agencies and worked as an agency assistant and associate at several leading kid lit agencies. She found her home with Raven Quill in January of 2020 and is building up her list of wonderfully talented authors. Kortney specializes in books for children from picture books through young adult with an eye for all things dark and spooky to light and fluffy.

Learn more about Kortney and Ravenquill Literary Agency!

Jemiscoe Chambers-Black, Andrea Brown Literary Agency

Currently looking for: I am actively looking for MG, YA, and Adult in the contemporary, mystery, thriller, fantasy, and graphic novels. I am especially interested in MG ghosts and/witches stories, and friendships stories across the board. I am open to illustrators in all age groups as well.

About Jemiscoe:

JBefore joining the ABLA family, Jemiscoe worked for over a decade in film and television as an Assistant Director. She has a BA and MFA in creative writing in fiction, working with mentors Wiley Cash, Jo Knowles, Marcus Burke, and Richard Adams Carey. She has also been a freelance editor and writing tutor for over five years and contributed to the online literary magazine The Assignment. Jemiscoe lives in the Los Angeles area with her husband, three kids, and two cats.

Learn more about Jemiscoe and Andrea Brown Literary Agency!

Kristina Slater, Metamorphosis Literary Agency

Currently looking for: Fantasy (Adult/YA), Horror, Sci-fi (Adult/YA). Currently interested in discovering a Dark Fantasy Series or an LGBTQ+ Paranormal Romance.

About Kristina: Kristina Slater is a Junior Literary Agent at Metamorphosis Literary Agency. She has known she wanted to write since she was six years old and wrote her first fairy tale. A voracious reader, she likes to disappear into other worlds. Kristina has an Animal Science degree from Kansas State University and is currently residing in Omaha, Nebraska. A fangirl at heart, she is looking for her next world to get lost in.

About Metamorphosis Literary Agency: Our mission is to help authors become traditionally published. We represent well-crafted commercial fiction and nonfiction. Metamorphosis Literary Agency works with authors to ensure that every book is in the best presentable form. Our publishing connections come from numerous conferences, hard work, and genuine care.

Learn more about Kristina and Metamorphosis Literary Agency!