Agents confirmed for Pitchfest

Pitch your completed book to one of our great agents from Feb 10, 2021 to Feb 12, 2021.
or Return to the Pitchfest index?

Jordy Albert, Literary Agent at Booker Albert Agency

Currently looking for: young adult contemporary, particularly sci-fi, and fantasy (romance is a plus). She's also looking for smart, sexy contemporary and historical romance.

Jordy is looking for fun, witty young adult contemporary, particularly sci-fi, and fantasy (romance is a plus). She's also looking for smart, sexy contemporary and historical romance (Jordy definitely has a soft spot for a fantastic Regency). She’s drawn to strong, intelligent characters. Please note that while it isn’t necessarily a deal breaker, she tends to shy away from novels with trigger topics, such as suicide and any type of abuse.

About Jordy:

Jordy Albert is a Literary Agent and co-founder of The Booker Albert Literary Agency. She holds a B.A. in English from Pennsylvania State University, and a M.A. from Millersville University of Pennsylvania. She has worked with Marisa Corvisiero during her time at the L. Perkins Agency and the Corvisiero Literary Agency.

Learn more about Jordy and the Booker Albert Agency!

Lynnette Novak, Literary Agent at The Seymour Agency

Currently looking for: (Always looking for own voices, diversity, and LGBTQ+!!!)

In adult fiction: thrillers, psychological suspense, horror, contemporary romance, romantic comedy, and mysteries (traditional, amateur sleuth, and cozy).

In young adult fiction: thrillers, psychological suspense, horror, mysteries, sci-fi, fantasy, and contemporary.

In middle grade fiction: fantasy, sci-fi, action/adventure, mystery, contemporary, horror, and humor.

In children’s fiction: picture books (non-rhyming preferred).

About Lynnette:

Lynnette Novak is an agent at The Seymour Agency and is currently building her client list.

Prior to joining The Seymour Agency, Lynnette spent seventeen years freelance editing. She worked with new writers, advanced writers, as well as New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors. Lynnette earned a bachelor of education degree from the University of Manitoba, where she specialized in English and French. She excelled in Advanced Creative Writing in university and studied writing for children and teens through the Institute of Children’s Literature. She was a Pitch Wars mentor in 2015 and 2016. Both her mentees acquired an agent. Lynnette has since closed her editing business and is excited to bring her passion for the written word to agenting.

Although Lynnette was born and raised Manitoba, Canada, she now lives in Minnesota with her husband, twin girls, and many pets. Her personal interests include reading, writing, exercising at the gym (okay, that’s a love/hate relationship), working on an assortment of crafts, all things having to do with animals (if she could own a farm, zoo, and animal shelter, she would), and enjoying time with family and friends.

She loves dark and suspenseful, mysterious twists, unique worlds, light and funny, a good love story, and lots of voice.

Follow Lynnette on Twitter: @Lynnette_Novak

Learn more about Lynnette and the Seymour Agency!

Karly Dizon, Associate Literary Agent at Fuse Literary

Currently looking for: Karly has a deep love for characters with a strong voice and seeks out stories she can get lost in. Diversity in genre fiction is a major bonus. She specializes in picture book, middle grade, and young adult genre fiction.

About Karly:

Associate Agent Karly Caserza was born in the Philippines and immigrated to Northern California as a child. She obtained her Business Marketing degree and has been a Freelance Graphic Designer for over 10 years. In addition to designing a wide range of print and web promotional material for clients, Karly creates book covers for Short Fuse and promotional graphics for Fuse authors. Professionally, Karly began her career in the publishing industry as a reader for Tricia Skinner at Fuse Literary. Her responsibilities quickly grew and she was promoted to Literary Assistant, a role that also included a spot on the production team of Short Fuse. Karly is also the Marketing Coordinator of the San Francisco Writers Conference. In her spare time, Karly is an Adobe Technical Trainer, freelance graphic designer, Young Adult author, video game geek, and art noob.

Learn more about Karly and Fuse Literary!

Dawn Dowdle, Owner of Blue Ridge Literary Agency

Currently looking for: Amish Romance, Rom-Com, Romantic Suspense, Historical Romance (esp. Regency, Historical), Inspirational Romance (many subgenres), Cozy Mystery, Suspense, Mystery, Middle Grade Reader Mysteries, True Crime, Pitcure books, & Cookbooks.

About Dawn:

Dawn Dowdle began Blue Ridge Literary Agency, LLC (www.blueridgeagency.com) in Virginia in 2009 to help authors, especially newer authors. Prior to establishing her agency, she was a freelance copy editor. Murder at Redwood Cove by Janet Finsilver is a Cozy Mystery she represents that is a USA Today Bestseller. Recent books she represents: Knot My Sister’s Keeper by Mary Marks, A Killing By the Sea by Kathleen Bridge, Liza’s Second Chance by Molly Jebber, Gown With the Wind by Stephanie Blackmoore, One Night With the Army Doc by Traci Douglass, K Street Killing by Colleen Shogan, The Novel Art of Murder by VM Burns, Death Overdue by Alison Brook, and Ditched 4 Murder by JC Eaton. Querying instructions on website. Wish List: Amish Romance, Historical Romance, Rom-Com, Romantic Suspense, Inspirational Romance of all subgenres, Cozy Mystery, Mystery, Suspense, and Middle Reader Mysteries.

Learn more about Dawn and Blue Ridge Literary Agency!

Tara Gilbert, The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency

Currently looking for:

Adult, Young Adult, and Middle Grade. She is especially looking for Contemporary and Romance stories, but also loves Fantasy, Spec-Fic, Horror, and any sub-genre in those categories. Tara is looking for stories by underrepresented voices, such as, the LGBTQ+, neurodiverse, POC, disabled, etc. She doesn't like books revolving around pregnancy, suicide, politics, or infidelity. Learn more about Tara here: www.taragilbert.com.

About Tara:

Tara joined The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency as an Associate Literary Agent in 2020. Previously she was an Associate Agent at Corvisiero Literary Agency. Tara has been in the publishing industry since 2017, which included an internship at Entangled Publishing. When Tara isn't reading manuscripts and working with her clients, she is tending to her flowers, traveling, or walking in the beautiful forests of the Pacific Northwest.

Learn more about The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency!

Jennifer Herrington, Harvey Klinger Literary Agency

Currently looking for own voices, diversity, and LGBTQ+ in middle grade, young adult, and adult fiction.

• In middle grade fiction: contemporary, paranormal, mystery, horror, graphic novels, humor, sci-fi, action/adventure, fantasy (except high Fantasy).
  • In young adult fiction: contemporary, romance (all genres) romantic comedy, mysteries, horror, graphic novels, sci-fi, fantasy (except high Fantasy), thriller, literary.
  • In adult fiction: contemporary, romance (all genres), romantic comedy, cozy mysteries, sci-fi, fantasy (except high Fantasy), literary, women’s fiction.
  • To learn more about her wishlist, check out her Manuscript Wishlist.

About Jennifer:

Jennifer started her career on the editorial side of publishing with Kensington Books Publishing’s Lyrical Press imprint and an internship with Entangled Publishing. She’s also worked as a freelance editor for independent authors. After an internship at a New York agency, she joined the Harvey Klinger Agency in 2020. Jennifer graduated with a diploma in Radio & Television Broadcasting and recently completed her Publishing Certificate with a designation in children's literature at Ryerson University. Jennifer is currently building her list and is interested in representing middle grade, YA, and adult fiction. She’s especially open to BIPOC and LGBTQ voices in the mentioned categories. Jennifer lives in Ontario, Canada, with her husband, three sons, and two dogs.

About the Harvey Klinger Agency:

HARVEY KLINGER LITERARY AGENCY represents high quality writers of adult fiction, nonfiction, young adult and middle grade books.
    With an eye for spotting talent, we pride ourselves on our strong editorial skills, unparalleled relations with all major publishers, and a unique collaborative work environment. We adopt a hands-on, personal approach with every author we take on, focusing not just on their books, but on their careers.
    Compelling new ideas, well-crafted stories, and great writing always excite and inspire us. We are passionate about bringing both professionally successful and brand new voices to American and international book markets while aggressively selling film, TV and foreign rights for our clients, working with the top film and sub agents in the business.
    Learn more about Jennifer and Harvey Klinger!

Analieze Cervantes, Harvey Klinger Literary Agency

Analieze is currently looking for stories in YA and Adult Fiction. She specializes in Sci-Fi, Romance, Thriller, Suspense, and Mystery. She is especially open to BIPOC and LGBTQ voices in the mentioned categories.

As an Agent for the Harvey Klinger Literary Agency. I am looking for character-driven books that grip me from the first page until the very end. I want fantastic world-building, a clear plot, and want to know your main character's desire by the time I get to page ten. Time shouldn't exist when I read your manuscript. I want to be hooked and pulled into your world. Great writing is awesome, but your characters matter most to me. I want books that make me cry, laugh, and to feel connected to your main character. For thrillers, I want to be on the edge of my seat and have no clue on how your book is going to end. I want to vouch for your main character and cheer them on by the end of your story.

About Analieze and Harvey Klinger

Analieze is a graduate from Cal State San Bernardino where she studied English: Creative Writing along with a minor in Screenwriting. She has also worked as an Editorial Freelancer for Independent Authors. She started her career as an intern at a New York Literary Agency and was mentored by Saritza Hernandez. She then joined the Harvey Klinger Literary Agency in 2020. She currently resides in Southern California with her five dogs.

Learn more about Analieze and Harvey Klinger!

Amy Giuffrida, The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency

Currently looking for:

• MIDDLE GRADE AND YA-I am seeking on the hunt for horror, mystery, and non-issue contemporary stories. I'd also love to find a novel in verse that deals with first love, discovering your true self, and growing up.
  • ADULT-I really want scary, smart horror. Give me all the unreliable narrators! I am especially looking for a rom com that is #ownvoices.

In all age categories, if you have a unique perspective on an old theme…send it to me! I am especially interested in underrepresented and diverse voices. All people need to see themselves in the characters on the page, so send me LGBTQ+, BIPOC, #OwnVoices stories.

I am not currently looking for pandemic stories, religions stories, science fiction, children's books, or anything with graphic violence- suicide, rape, incest, or abuse of any kind.

About Amy:

Amy’s life is consumed with all things bookish. When she’s not working on books, she’s talking about books. In her spare time, you can find Amy renovating her house, binge-watching TV shows on Hulu, or and reading something scary—all while snuggling with her three rescue dogs.

Learn more about The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency!

Kortney Price, Ravenquill Literary Agency

Currently looking for: Picture book through young adult.

I work primarily on stories from picture book up through young adult. My tastes in stories are pretty broad, but here’s a rundown of what I’m most excited about seeing in my inbox…

In picture books, I'm looking exclusively for family stories focusing on holidays, traditions, and other special family times.

In middle grade, I’m still more than a little obsessed with finding a wilderness survival story. Show me kid versus nature, whether it be mountains, desert islands, or jungle, I’m dying to find something in this realm. Otherwise I’m looking for super creepy horror, poignant contemporary, historical adventures and troublemakers on the space station type of sci-fi. Oh! And I'm a sucker for a phenomenal graphic novel of any type.

I'm also looking for nonfiction for middle grade readers. I'm most interested in books written for girls that deal with social issues, health and all of the wonderful/horrible aspects of middle school and growing up.

In young adult, I’m looking for the same kind of survival stories as I am in middle grade. Contemporary YA would be either lighthearted romance with a good dose of comedy, or a much more serious contemporary tackling topics that are much heavier such as dealing with trauma.

My MAIN wish in YA is for more horror, magical realism, psychological thriller, genre blending historical… basically all of the stories you avoid reading when home alone. I adore stories with a distinctly gothic feel, hauntings, psychological cat and mouse games, or other dark and twisty elements.

I am incredibly passionate about diverse representation in the books I work with. It’s not mandatory, but for me all of those uniquely special brains or bodies that don’t operate like everyone else’s are some of the best people in the world and I am determined to ensure these communities have representation in the books they read.

About Kortney:

Kortney graduated with a B.A. in English from Greenville University in 2014. Since then she has interned  with several prominent literary agencies and worked as an agency assistant and associate at several leading kid lit agencies. She found her home with Raven Quill in January of 2020 and is building up her list of wonderfully talented authors. Kortney specializes in books for children from picture books through young adult with an eye for all things dark and spooky to light and fluffy.

Learn more about Kortney and Ravenquill Literary Agency!