Fortnight Flash Fiction Author
Jun 26, 2014
Northwest Illinois
www.lesliedow.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
Every writer hopes to find one. They're gold-plated grammar ninjas. They can spot a plot hole from their desk a half a world away, and they have the common sense to give you the bad news gently. They're hard to find. They must have an understanding of the genre you write in. They should cringe when they sniff passive voice, and rejoice when they've read five pages of your manuscript and forgotten to edit because the book was just SO. DARN. GOOD.

We're launching the IndieCafe's latest new feature: Crit Partner Matching and offering this great service free of change to all Premium Members for SIX MONTHS!

How this works:
  1. This Monday all Premium Members will receive an email with access to the Crit Partner Matching preferences panel to input your preferences. (Not a Premium Member? We can fix that!)
  2. You will answer a few simple questions and indicate that you want to be matched!
  3. On Sunday, or as soon as we get 30 people in the match pool, we'll run our match program with our specially designed match algorithm.

1578779549086.png

Every two weeks we'll run the match program and match you with a like-minded author!

Check out the full FAQ

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: 1 user
bdk05089
bdk05089
Leslie: Hello! Could you please send me an email with directions on how to sign-up for the matching partner program, please? Don't seem to be able to find clear documentation regarding a step-wise process to do so.

Thanks so much for your help; I'll be watching my inbox with baited eyes!

Best of Regards, Be Well & Safe,

--B.
Upvote 0
Dawn_McClure
Dawn_McClure
Hi! Here is the link to fill out the partner matching criteria. Don't forget to hit SAVE at the end...otherwise your answers will not be processed.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Dawn
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi Leslie,

I am interested in signing up for this group. How can I do so?

Please let me know at [email protected].

Thanks,
Irene Roth

Upvote 0
Hi, Leslie,

I didn't get the email, can you resend? I checked EVERYWHERE as gmail doesn't seem to know what it's doing anymore...

PS: A lot of our group does historicals -- I don't see that listed (or maybe the form's been cut off?)

Leslie
Leslie
I just sent it! Crazy day job day!
IndieCafé
That's the link to the IndieCafe' community. There is an instruction post there and all the links you need!
:)
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the instructions Leslie! I've opted in and saved it a few times. I was confused why I didn't see a message that read I saved successfully. Each time I click on save, the page refreshes. Can you verify that I've registered and am good to be matched with a crit partner?

Leslie
Leslie
Hi Lauren, It's part of the preferences. As long as you save it you are fine. You can always confirm by opening the preference panel again and seeing your choices there. I cannot actually change those for you, it's a privacy thing.
thanks!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Leslie, Can I make more than one selection? I've marked Mystery, however my genre is Mystery Thriller with romantic and paranormal elements. Is there a free-text box that I can add these details?

Leslie
Leslie
Hi Lauren
No, we match to only one. I would suggest that you choose the main sub-genre. Odds are that is a better chance for a match.
Thanks
Upvote 0
Upvote 0