Esmari

Prose Wrangler
Jun 13, 2019
Indiana
esmariwrites.com
Hi all! I write sci-fi/space opera books, in my first query process now and trying to find any resources I can for pitch, query, and other contests. Pretty much anything that will help me build my platform and get my work in front of readers (and agents and editors) faces! (Well, anything other than scams and predatory paid services LOL...so much nonsense out there!)

Upvote 0
Welcome @Esmari
We have a cool SIG (special interest group) headed by @Rhonda in Speculative Fiction, so you could easily be among friends.
Savvy has been a great teacher and critiquer of queries and pitches. There are routine events here to promote pitches--usually especially after NaNo-CampNaNo events, where the first drafts of books start the machine rolling to need a pitch or query.
Keep looking for upcoming events.
Our most recent one ended yesterday 2019 Hot Summer Pitchfest Information - SavvyAuthors I am sorry to say.
But they come around at least a couple of times a year.
Becky Martinez just finished teaching a pitch class earlier this month, too. Polish Your Hot Summer Pitch with Becky Martinez!
Do a search repeatedly for classes until a new class/event pops up. :D
If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm a moderator and I'm sure that other mods will pop in as well. Look for @RJ Garside, @Mona, @Dawn_McClure, @lesliedow, @Lynn Shannon and others to pop by.
Welcome to Savvy,
Lyn

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Oh, I'm so glad that you were able to join in.
RE: SIGs Here's the link: SavvySigs
So you can see all the groups here. If you need a specific link, I can do that for you. :D
Also, use the drop down from the three parallel lines up to the left next to the title SavvyAuthors. Scroll down to the SIGs.
I always click on SIGs because I am active in several. I write for kids. :D
Welcome.
Lyn

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0