• SavvyAuthors is closed for business pending a potential purchase offer

The site will no longer be accessible on August 1, 2024 if a buyer is not found. Please review the post here for information on refunds and payments.
    There is the possiblity it will be purchased and re-opened please see this thread for more information
    ~Thank you for 14 wonderful years!

Leslie

Site Monkey
Savvy Crew
Savvy Super Mod
Premium Member
Fortnight Flash Fiction Author
Jun 26, 2014
Northwest Illinois
www.lesliedow.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
Hi All!
Well I have been contacted by someone who is interested in taking over SavvyAuthors! Watch this space for more information!

Also please post here if you would like to see us continue and your ideas for a NEW SavvyAuthors!!!

:)
Leslie

• Friendly
Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0
I do hope so. I can tell you I will miss Savvy Authors!

Reactions: 2 users
dina
dina
I like the lower cost bulletin board style classes, but offering video classes at a slightly higher price point might be good too. I know that the video takes more storage and technical considerations. It is the lower price point that has drawn me to Savvy Authors over and over. I can learn and ask questions, and not break the budget.
Upvote 0
dina
dina
Also, maybe adding a weekly hour long zoom seminar for members could be a great addition to the site. That could encourage members to pay a 5 or 10 dollar monthly fee? Those could be archived and used as a learning tool for members?
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi All!
Well I have been contacted by someone who is interested in taking over SavvyAuthors! Watch this space for more information!

Also please post here if you would like to see us continue and your ideas for a NEW SavvyAuthors!!!

Leslie
I'd love to see S.A. continue!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Would it be possible to send out an email to the members to give them an update?

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
My heart is broken to have learned of the bad news re the possible death of savvy authors. This community has been beneficial and incredible. Right now my spouse is critically ill, has been on a ventilator. I'm glad my mentor contacted me about the shocking news.

I truly hope someone can save SA by purchasing it. If I wasn't poor, I would even want to do it. I've been writing since I learned how to write. I think Savvy authors has improved my craft writing skills than any other site, course, degree program or organization. I have become acquainted with so many awesome, skilled people and made many friends along the way. Geez, why does everything crash and burn at once. I think my manuscript is getting close to submission ready. I'm praying this site is resurrected. I thank all of those here for their efforts, knowledge. help and teaching. I send everyone a virtual hug.

Thank you. Please remain.
Lina Sophia Rossi

Member of RWA, HWA
Family Physician

Upvote 0
Hi All!

Leslie
Oh yes, I would love to see SavvyAuthors continue! This is a fantastic welcoming community for writers at all levels (and yes, ages, including us seniors). I've learned so much from the classes I've taken, and really loved how affordable they were. I was so excited to start my new class tomorrow. :cry: Fingers crossed that a new buyer is found, and we can continue to support one another.

Upvote 0
I think Savyy Authors should send out an email to all members. I appreciate learning about this issue from Deb Bailey. It would have been nice to know from Savvy Authors directly.
Yes, SA should send out an email to all members. I've been contacting those in the three-month mentoring/coaching sessions and many had no idea what's going on.

Upvote 0
Oh, gosh, the first I got any inkling of a problem was just now when my PayPal account informed me it was discontinuing the auto payments to SA, so I came on to try to figure out why. I certainly do hope someone is able to purchase the site and keep it running! It is a great community and I have really enjoyed the classes (and was thinking about applying to teach a class or two myself).

• Sad
Upvote 0
I think Savyy Authors should send out an email to all members. I appreciate learning about this issue from Deb Bailey. It would have been nice to know from Savvy Authors directly.
I received a message from Savvy Authors telling me my recurring premium payment from June 6th was canceled. I would hate to see this organization go. My husband had had a bone marrow transplant so I've not participated in a while, but I had hoped to resume once he no longer need me for everything.

Upvote 0