RJ Garside

Savvy Crew
Savvy Super Mod
Premium Member
Jul 14, 2014
Canada
Hello!

Happy first day of the Sweetheart Pitchfest. We have worked hard to try to make this easy to navigate.

* This event will close on Friday February 17th at 9:00 p.m. EST. *

If you have any questions, please check out our general Pitchfest Information. There are tabs (under the orange Register Now for the Next Pitchfest! button) that you can click on that will give you more information.

All about Pitchfest!
  • Want to know if you're ready to pitch? Check out Ready to Pitch?
  • Want to learn how to prepare your pitch? Check out Prepare Your Pitch.
  • Want to know how to bookmark your pitch? Check out Day of the Event.
  • Want to know how you know if you've got a request or when we will announce the pitch requests? Check out After the 'Fest'.
Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 10.32.22 AM.png
Will more pub pros be joining the event?
No, unfortunately, there won't be any more publishing professionals joining this pitchfest. There are a lot of other pitch events and conferences that are going this month, so we were unable to secure any more agents. We are planning for a bigger event in the fall, and as it looks right now, there won't be many competing events so we are hoping to have many more publishing professionals..

We appreciate you participating in our Pitchfest.

RJ & The SavvyCrew

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Hello!

Happy first day of the Sweetheart Pitchfest. We have worked hard to try to make this easy to navigate.

* This event will close on Friday February 17th at 9:00 p.m. EST. *

If you have any questions, please check out our general Pitchfest Information. There are tabs (under the orange Register Now for the Next Pitchfest! button) that you can click on that will give you more information.

All about Pitchfest!
  • Want to know if you're ready to pitch? Check out Ready to Pitch?
  • Want to learn how to prepare your pitch? Check out Prepare Your Pitch.
  • Want to know how to bookmark your pitch? Check out Day of the Event.
  • Want to know how you know if you've got a request or when we will announce the pitch requests? Check out After the 'Fest'.
View attachment 14809
Will more pub pros be joining the event?
No, unfortunately, there won't be any more publishing professionals joining this pitchfest. There are a lot of other pitch events and conferences that are going this month, so we were unable to secure any more agents. We are planning for a bigger event in the fall, and as it looks right now, there won't be many competing events so we are hoping to have many more publishing professionals..

We appreciate you participating in our Pitchfest.

RJ & The SavvyCrew
Thank you for putting it on.

It would be great to have more agents & editors involved, but you can only work with what's available.

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Thanks, @gphurley1.

We really did try to have more pub pros involved, but we are limited by their schedules and other pitch events. We are planning for a much bigger pitchfest in October. So stay tuned. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
I have a question that I thought I saw answered somewhere, but I can't find it now (perhaps I dreamed it). Do you recommend that we avoid pitching the same manuscript to the same agent again, if we already pitched to them in the previous Pitchfest? Or is it acceptable to try again with the same agent or editor, perhaps by tweaking the pitch text?

Upvote 0
I have a question that I thought I saw answered somewhere, but I can't find it now (perhaps I dreamed it). Do you recommend that we avoid pitching the same manuscript to the same agent again, if we already pitched to them in the previous Pitchfest? Or is it acceptable to try again with the same agent or editor, perhaps by tweaking the pitch text?
Hi @brandva,

This is one of those gray areas. If you change your pitch then you could pitch the same project again. If you have pitched and they've requested and then passed, we strongly recommend not pitching that project.

Good luck with your pitches!

RJ

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi @kami_misch,

Sorry for any confusion, but no a like from a pub professional isn't an invitation to provide them with further material. If they responded directly to your pitch that's an invitation to submit. We will be posting the list of requests by March 4.

Thanks!

RJ

Upvote 0
Hi @kami_misch,

Sorry for any confusion, but no a like from a pub professional isn't an invitation to provide them with further material. If they responded directly to your pitch that's an invitation to submit. We will be posting the list of requests by March 4.

Thanks!

RJ
Thanks for advising. Would that list be posted in this thread? Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks for advising. Would that list be posted in this thread? Thanks
The requests will be posted here on the site. We'll also alert you in the newsletter we send out each week
thanks!

Upvote 0