1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Category
  1. Business
  2. Indie Publishing
  3. Marketing
  4. Writer's Life
Writers consider themselves creatives. This is true, but in today's world the writer must also be a marketer. It can be hard to make that transition. They seem to be at the opposite ends of the creativity spectrum. However, writing novels, magazine articles, or nonfiction books requires many of the same skills as creating an effective marketing campaign. They are just applied differently. You must know your audience, write engaging copy, tell stories, and "think outside the box." Indeed, those who develop advertising campaigns are called "creative talent."

In this intensive, we will show you how to apply your creative skills to creating effective marketing strategies and content.

Here's what we will cover:
  • Understanding your dream reader
  • The Three M's of Marketing
  • Creating a Marketing Plan
  • Optimizing your Amazon Sales Page
  • Creating a Facebook Page
  • Improving Reach on Facebook
  • Content Marketing
  • The Big Show
  • Using Facebook Reader Groups for Promotion
  • The Art of Positioning
Author
terrimain
Start date
Sep 10, 2021 at 9:00 AM
End date
Sep 12, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 12, 2021 at 6:00 AM
Rating
4.25 star(s) 24 ratings

More classes from terrimain

Latest reviews

I took the time to work through ALL the lessons of this "Mini-Intensive" before leaving my instructor review - and the upfront thing to say is:

Terri did NOT deliver a "Mini-Intensive" - she delivered a FULL course of 11 lessons in basic marketing.
Author - centered marketing btw.

This in itself is enough to be grateful for, but there is even more to come ...

At first glance, the included information seems to be basic (and eventually well-known), so you might be inclined to skip reading carefully - my advice: don't do that.

I often found some real nuggets strewn in between - witnesses of Terri's huge pool of experience that really helped me to understand some generic concepts much better than before.
e.g. Terri's approach on how to write a blurb and what to include is not only simple but also clear as glass and very easy to grasp.

Astonishing, since I've not only read several "how to write sizzling/dazzling/enticing blurbs" books but also took the one or the other course in copy writing.

Self-initiative and the ability to self-motivate will be helpful and probably necessary to work yourself through some seemingly lengths of this course, but don't we authors need those anyway?

I got my investment in time and effort tenfold back!

Thanks, Terri :)