- New this year at SavvyAuthors!
- Basic and Premium Members Prices
- Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40
Register by October 23rd and save $5, use code DARINGSCARDAMALIA2023 at checkout!
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
- Class Length
- 4 Weeks
In romance, the common threshold is the groom carrying the bride (or groom) across the threshold signifying a new life together as a couple. But there are many other thresholds of time, place and character in story.
In this workshop, we’ll look:
- at the role of thresholds,
- threshold tropes,
- the types of thresholds in myth, fairy tale, and contemporary story and films,
- threshold guardians and helpers.
- Class Format
- Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.
The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.