Honey, There is something Not Exactly Human at the Door with Beth Daniels

Genre-Fantasy Honey, There is something Not Exactly Human at the Door with Beth Daniels

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40

Register by June 29th and save $5, use code PARANORMALDANIELS at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Genre
  3. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
PARANORMALDANIELS
HONEY, THERE IS SOMETHING NOT EXACTLY HUMAN AT THE DOOR:
PARANORMAL, SUPERNATURAL, LEGENDARY AND ALIEN CHARACTURES​

There probably used to be a sign on the casting office’s door that said, “Nonhumans Need Not Apply”, but that sign went the way of the dodo…one of them probably carried it off the cliff with them, or however they perished. The dodo, that is.

Well, the sign did, too, because in today’s fiction market, just because something doesn’t actually exist is no reason for it not to audition to appear in a book or even be the main character.

I’m talking about paranormals, which are beings that used to be human. You know, like vampires, werewolves (and other types of were-beings), zombies, and ghosts. Well, maybe there have been ghost around, but the others, not so much.

I’m talking about supernaturals, which are angels, demons, djinn, gods – things that only have substance or a human form if they decide to have one.

I’m talking legendary beings, things that appear in fairy tales or in the old pantheons or tales around the campfire: trolls, gremlins, giants, dwarfs, faeries, grendels, centaurs, Pegasus, basilisks, yetis, big foots, firebirds/phoenixes, three-headed dogs, krakens, dragons…and the list goes on.

I’m talking folks from exoplanets, from alternative dimensions, from alternative universes.

I’m talking things that were created in science labs: robots/replicants, clones, cyborgs, Frankenstein’s monster, and anything else a mad scientist might dream up.

And then there are the things YOU create!

Just because it seems like there might be some laws laid down about any of the not exactly human characters, in this 4-week workshop, we’ll decide what needs to stay and what might be changed to make your non-human characters different from those other writers have invited into their scripts. Hopefully the result will be a delightfully truly new cast!
Author
Beth Daniels
Start date
Jul 6, 2020 at 9:00 AM
End date
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
Jul 8, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.97 star(s) 29 ratings

More classes from Beth Daniels