3. Structure
  4. Genre
  5. GMC
  6. Plotting
  7. Series
  8. Worldbuilding
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
ROMANCEGRAF2020
Plot a Romance Novel in 2 weeks. Set your book up for success with detailed character outlines that deepen story connection and worldbuilding. You're familiar with some plotting, but still unsure you're taking the right path... learn a structure that's simple to grasp and easy to use for any romance genre. Don't get stuck mid-way anymore with a basic outline, but still have the ability to add in new ideas. Plus, get feedback with every step.
Syllabus
Objectives: By the end of this course, you will:

Have confirmed and identified GMC, Negative Trait, Positive Trait and Wounds for the following:

• Heroine
  • Hero
  • Antagonist
Be able to channel creative crack and all the fantastic stuff that comes with it:
  • Twists
  • Turns
  • Surprises
  • Conflict
  • Resolutions/Grand Gestures
Have plotted a 4-act romance novel with 3 turning points.

Be able to line out worldbuilding details based on your characters and basic plot points to help deepen your connection to the story (Note: some genres of romance may require less worldbuilding).

Have received feedback on your plot.

Be confident in rocking out a fantastic story, with an outline that still provides creative freedom, but keeps you on target.

Have a story outline that is marketable and reflects similar structures used by romance writers with major publishers.

Required:

• A vague idea of the story you want to write. Come with loose ideas for characters and the romance genre you plan to explore.
  • How long you want your book to be. We can see what works best based on how your plot comes together.
  • The format I will walk you through is good for full-length and novellas, as well as all genres.

Optional:
Access to the following Texts:

While optional, these books have helped me craft some of my most meaningful stories. I have ebook and physical copies. For 10 bucks a pop that can get pricey but the investment is worth its weight in gold.
Author
Landra Graf
Start date
Oct 12, 2020 at 9:00 AM
End date
Oct 25, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
Oct 14, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.83 star(s) 18 ratings

More classes from Landra Graf

Latest reviews

I thank Landra for all the hard work she put into organizing this class, it was much appreciated,
I highly recommend this course.

This is my second time taking this course because I loved it so much the first time around and I found Landra's comments to be very helpful (both times).

It is fast paced, but I enjoyed that since I'm trying to learn to plot faster and more on point (not wasting two months plotting only to change my mind later like I used to, hehe.)