So You Want To Get an Agent with Laura Drake

Business So You Want To Get an Agent with Laura Drake

Level
Intermediate
Category
  1. Business
  2. Pitch
  3. Critique
We will cover query structure, etiquette, tracking and how to find agents to send to.

Huge amount of info in a small package!
Author
Laura Drake
Start date
Sep 7, 2019 at 10:41 PM
End date
Sep 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Rating
4.53 star(s) 19 ratings

More classes from Laura Drake

Latest reviews

Ms. Drake shared actionable tips that I've studied and hope to put into use soon. I also really enjoyed her conversational tone. Thanks for offering this class!
A lot of good information to unpack and chew on. Probably will take me a while and then I won't be able to ask questions.

I do agree with another student that it would have been helpful if we knew ahead of time to have loglines ready to post. With all the issues just getting into the class (Saturday lockout), I never got to post. :-(
I found this class to be very useful and I enjoyed the presentation. I like the way she has set up the class.
She gave us lots of great information and was helpful with the loglines. I submitted mine before the deadline on Sunday, but didn't hear back. Maybe I got it in too late?
In the future, I think it would be very helpful to advise the people taking this class to have a working logline prepared. To get the most out of the class- having one and the time to work on further developing it is key. It is advertised as a short/intensive class and if it falls during a busy time in your life-- you might not be able to participate and will miss out on personalized help from Ms. Drake.

Perhaps a course description that is more in-depth regarding what tools you need (logline) and the time involved- you need free time to follow the class on those assigned days.
The class contained great information. The problem was the website and figuring out how to get into the class in the first place. But Laura is wonderful and her feedback very helpful!
Clear, encouraging and available. Helped me quickly find the fatal flaws in my logline. Will definately sign up for another of her classes.
This information was very useful so between it and other classes I hope to get an agent for the book I've started. I self publish now and am hoping for traditional with another series that I pitched to an editor and was accepted.