“What the Heck is Wrong With My Book?” Mentoring Program with Angela Knight

Writing Life “What the Heck is Wrong With My Book?” Mentoring Program with Angela Knight

New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $500/Basic Members $600

*** Registration is now full. Please email RJ if you’d like to be put on a waiting list. ***
Category
  1. Mentoring
  2. Characters
  3. Description/Setting
  4. Editing
  5. Dialogue
  6. Structure
  7. GMC
  8. Plotting
  9. Voice
  10. Writer's Life
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
NO COUPON FOR MENTORING
Class Length
3 Months
You’re so frustrated, you could scream.

You’ve taken classes, you’ve filled out GMC charts, you’ve read books on writing and joined professional writing associations. You’ve worked hard and long at your craft. You’ve finished a book – maybe more than one – then pitched and submitted it, or even self-published. And yet you get nothing but rejection letters or one-star reviews, none of which tell you what you’re doing wrong.

With this program, my goal is to help you figure out what the problem is and determine how to fix it.

Since 1996, I’ve published 60 novels, novellas, and eBooks at a number of publishers, including 14 years with Penguin Putnam (now Penguin Random House) as a paranormal romance author. Four of my books were New York Times bestsellers, and I’ve won awards for my erotic paranormal romances, including a career achievement award from Romantic Times.

I’ve been teaching at Savvy Authors for years, and I’m currently an editor at Changeling Press, for which I also write.

Over the course of the three months of this program, I will evaluate your novel, help you determine why it isn’t getting love from agents, editors, or readers, and give you a detailed critique of what the problem is and how to solve it. If I think you’ll be helped by written lessons from one of my many online classes for Savvy, I’ll provide you with that material, including plotting or character worksheets.

We’ll begin by discussing what you need help with, and what your goals are, then work out a schedule on how to tackle those problems and whip the book into shape.

If you like, you can work on the rewrite in Google Docs so I can tell you if you’re headed in the right direction as you go. If that idea makes you twitchy, you can rewrite chapters in Word and send them in for private critique via email. I’ll make comments in the document.

You can also email me as often as you like with questions or to ask for suggestions. If you need help writing a pitch, a query, or a synopsis, I’ll be happy to give you a hand.

We can also do weekly private online chats in the Savvy Authors chatroom for 30-60 minutes to brainstorm or discuss problems.

I’m taking only three students at a time, so I’ll have time to give you feedback.

Here’s what students from past classes have said about my teaching:

On “Polish your Pitch with NY Times Bestselling Author Angela Knight

Angela seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to boiling down a novel to a few sentences. Her knowledge, experience, and teaching skills are first rate! – Robinete Watterson

Angela Knight's lectures—demonstrations of how to write a blurb and a pitch–were helpful. What I liked best was the way Angela gently but firmly pushed me to think harder, cut unnecessary words and really get to the nub of my novel. I saw this, too, in the way Angela nudged my classmates to hone their pitches. Angela's mastery of the pitch also inspired me to work harder at my wordsmithing. I'm grateful for the opportunity to take part in the pitch class and look forward to attending more of Angela's classes. – Marilyn Kay

I really enjoyed this class. It was informative, fun, and exceeded all expectations. In Angela's class she always gives more than what the class description promises. – Amber ELM

On “Blueprint to Book: Plotting and Writing a Novel with Angela Knight

This comprehensive workshop in which Angela shows her entire system for creating a book was done with video, text, and charts. The way in which she presents in all those formats helped me to understand and retain the massive amount of material presented. From brainstorming the initial idea, constructing each section of the first draft, rewrites, editing, creating a cover, and more is covered (and not just in passing). The walking/recording while brainstorming was a revelation to me. Seriously the best investment I've ever made in a workshop--both in terms of money and time. Too bad the rating is capped at five stars. I'd give this one ten. – Erica Miles

I am so glad I took Angela's class. It's the first workshop that has ever taken me through the entire process of writing a book. Taking a video "walk" with Angela as she brainstorms her book showed me that other writers think as I do. The combination of video lessons and print lessons kept the flow of information varied and interesting. There was such pertinent, applicable information in the videos, so having them available for several months is a huge plus. If you want to take a workshop that gives you the whole picture of writing a book, from the idea stage to the last chapter, look no further. Blueprint to Success is worth your time and money.
– Christy McKee

I loved this workshop! I learned various things along the way to make my characters stronger ad my plotting tighter. Over the years, I've taken workshops Angela has given and she never, ever, disappoints. Her teaching is to the point and passionate, easy to understand. I highly recommend this workshop and any others by Angela Knight. – Tambra

This has been the best fifty bucks I have ever spent! Angela provides a combination of both video and written content, including grids, graphs and sample outlines. Everything needed to write a novel from start to finish. On top of that, critiques are offered and a discussion forum that is detailed and informative. If you haven't taken this class yet, then you're missing out! – Shari Nichols

I hope you’ll join me.
Angela Knight
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
Angela Knight
Start date
Jan 1, 2024 at 9:00 AM
End date
Apr 1, 2024 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Jan 4, 2024 at 12:50 AM
Rating
4.93 star(s) 101 ratings

More classes from Angela Knight

Latest reviews

Angela helped put my book on the right track by pointing out developmental mistakes, along with minor edits. She was gracious, easy to communicate with and full of helpful ideas. I highly recommend her classes.