• Contest Time!

Post your first three sentences of your current work-in-progress for a chance to win a $20 coupon on an upcoming SavvyAuthors workshop!

Join contest

Challenge! Contest Time!

RJ Garside

Savvy Crew
Savvy Super Mod
Premium Member
Jul 14, 2014
Canada
Get Connected Winner GIF by Connect Transit

Post your first three sentences of your current work-in-progress for a chance to win a $20 coupon on an upcoming SavvyAuthors workshop.

Contest will remain open until Sunday at 11:59 p.m. EST. Members will vote on their favorite entry.

Please email us if you have any questions.

Thanks!

RJ

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
On the morning of their eighth wedding anniversary, Flora Austin watched her husband drive away. Beneath a blue sky, the sun warming her back, her husband passed the lilac bush planted alongside their house, now grown wide and almost her height. The crackle of his tires sounded like sharp raps of raindrops on glass as he drove over the damp dirt and stones.

Upvote 0
The sun was up just enough to be in my eyes as I turned right off the highway onto the road leading to Rimview Bed and Breakfast. My new venture had kept me busy for the last six months and I was ready to put the finishing touches in each room of the renovated farmhouse before my first guests arrived next week. There had been some glitches.

Upvote 0
Shani Gordon stopped walking and shivered beneath the blazing sun. It took her a moment to realize the wail echoing in her ears was the distant blare of a train whistle and not the echo of her own screams from the night that would forever haunt her.
Banishing the dark memories, she continued on toward Heyward’s Hotel, the words of her late parents’ dear friend, replaying in her mind.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
If he caught her – she’d be dead.
Cherise Ripley, (aka Cherry Ripe), slammed her Louboutin-clad foot on the brake and let out a scream that got hooked on her tonsils while elbowing its way from her throat. The little white Kia she’d borrowed from outside the Club six hours ago, skidded to the left, nosedived through a giant prickle bush, then lurched with a bone-jarring bump back onto the dirt road.

Upvote 0