The Logline: Why Every Author Needs One and How to Write One That Works with Jeni Chappelle

Business The Logline: Why Every Author Needs One and How to Write One That Works with Jeni Chappelle

Please register for SavvyWriterCon first!
To register for this class, you must be registered for SavvyWriterCon

Click here to register for SavvyWritercon!
Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Free!
Category
  1. Business
  2. Writer's Life
  3. Pitch
Loglines are an essential tool for authors of all publishing paths, but condensing your story into a single sentence can be a struggle. In this talk, we'll break down examples of successful loglines and discuss why and how to build a logline for querying or marketing your novel.

Areas covered include:

• Why all authors need a logline and how they're used in publishing
  • The difference between pitches, hooks, and loglines
  • What's included in a successful logline--and what's not
  • How to determine the key components of your story
This talk is for all experience levels. It is intended for authors considering querying, self-publishing, or publishing with a small press.
Class Format
This event will be a live webinar. It will take place on Saturday September 10th at 12:00 p.m. EST

Don't know what time 12:00 p.m. EST in your time zone? Check HERE.

There will be a recording made available the following week.
Author
jenichappelle
Parent class
2022 SavvyAuthorsWriterCon: Year of Achievement!
Start date
Sep 10, 2022 at 12:00 PM
End date
Sep 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 10 ratings

Parent class

Latest reviews

Jeni Chappelle is a strong presenter. The course, while primarily targeted to those pitching to publishing houses, demonstrates how to create a logline for each book. I enjoyed the workshop and found her information entertaining and clear.
Excellent webinar, everything one needs to understand the purpose of and write a logline and pitch with precision and confidence.
It was so useful to know the difference between a pitch and a logline. Jeni's presentation was clear and concise. I would definitely recommend this course t others.
Really enjoyed this class. Jeni Chappelle was very helpful in explaining the purpose of loglines - not a selling tool. The formula she provided is very helpful in picking out the unique elements of my story.
Really, really informative and practical seminar - my favorite kind! Will search out other classes and webinars by Jeni in the future.
Just digging down into the nuts and bolts of the differences between summarizing and selling (and realizing the difference in the first place) was incredibly helpful. Can we have a Community Thread where we can come to toss out loglines and get other authors' brainstorming & feedback?
Very informative! Just knowing the difference between Logline and Pitch was invaluable!