Characters are the key to adding humor to any story, so in order to add (or increase) humor in your writing, you need to focus on how you develop your characters. Psychologists have many ways to look at personality but the Big Five model is not only accepted but simple to apply. By asking how your characters stack up in 5 ways you can create consistent characters that your readers will love.In this interactive class, Ally will
- Basic and Premium Members Prices:
- Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40
*** Register by October 16 and save $5, use code FUNNYCHARACTERS at checkout! **
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts:
- Discuss the Big Five Model of Personality to help create relatable characters,
- Consider some common romance tropes and which character flaws fuel them,
- Discuss the importance of backstory as it relates to your character’s flaws, and how these flaws are used to complete your character’s arc for a satisfying ending to your story.
- Look at examples from television, movies, and books that use the Five Factors in winning ways.
Register at least 1 week before the class starts and receive $5 off the class! Check each class for details. Problem with a coupon? Contact us And we'll fix you right up!Dismiss Notice
Join us for FREE at the Basic Membership level or upgrade to a Premium Member! Not sure? check out our Premium Member Benefits!!Dismiss Notice
Craft Create funny, engaging characters using simple psychological techniques with Ally Broadfield
Learn how a simple psychological technique can add humor to your stories!