• SavvyAuthors is closed for business pending a potential purchase offer

The site will no longer be accessible on August 1, 2024 if a buyer is not found. Please review the post here for information on refunds and payments.
    There is the possiblity it will be purchased and re-opened please see this thread for more information
    ~Thank you for 14 wonderful years!

Leslie

Site Monkey
Savvy Crew
Savvy Super Mod
Premium Member
Fortnight Flash Fiction Author
Jun 26, 2014
Northwest Illinois
www.lesliedow.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
Hi all
It is with great sadness that I post this tonight.
SavvyAuthors is closing for business effective immediately.
These are the details:
  • All class registrations are closed. (Completed 6/26)
    • You may not register for any class or event on the site.
  • Site registrations are closed to new members. (Completed 6/26)
  • All currently ongoing classes will continue as planned.
  • No new classes will start, including those scheduled to start this Monday, July 1. (Completed 6/26)
  • CritPartner Match is closed. (Completed 6/26)
  • All instructors will be paid as scheduled in your contract (15 days after the end of your class).
  • If you have registered for a class, you will be refunded.
    • I estimate it will take about two months to process all refunds.
    • I will process them by refunding the classes that start next week first and then process each week of classes each week after that--so you will be refunded on the day your class was to start.
  • If you have paid for a premium membership, I am planning to refund those in a prorated manner (from the date you paid to June 26) after I have refunded all the class registrations. this will take more time as it's not straightforward to figure out what is owed due to prorating and the vagaries of PayPal. (PSA..if you do not have to use PayPal as a vendor, don't. They are horrible to work with.) I do not have an estimate on this. I am working on this now.
    • I will cancel all the recurring membership subscriptions on our side. (Completed 6/28)
  • We have a policy that any content you have here such as classes you took, will be available as long as we are here.
    • We will leave the site up in a view-only manner until after the last class finishes. Once that class is done, we will archive the site. Once the site is archived, you will not be able to access any content. We suggest that you download anything you want to keep by the end of July.
    • The last classes will finish on July 15, the site will close for access on August 1.
      • We will update this post when I have a firm date for the site to be archived.

Thank you all for being SavvyAuthors members! RJ, Dawn, Walker, and I and all our wonderful mods will miss you.
~Leslie

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Thank you for creating such a wonderfully supportive and educational community. I am very sorry to see it go.

I just received notice that an automatic payment was made for my premium membership on June 25th for the upcoming year, so it was quite the surprise to see messages from instructors about the sad news. I had to come over here to see the announcement.

I wish you and all the team at Savvy Authors the best in whatever avenues you pursue in the future!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Hi all
It is with great sadness that I post this tonight.
SavvyAuthors is closing for business effective immediately.
These are the details:
  • All class registrations are closed. (Completed 6/26)
    • You may not register for any class or event on the site.
  • Site registrations are closed to new members. (Completed 6/26)
  • All currently ongoing classes will continue as planned.
  • No new classes will start, including those scheduled to start this Monday, July 1. (Completed 6/26)
  • CritPartner Match is closed. (Completed 6/26)
  • All instructors will be paid as scheduled in your contract (15 days after the end of your class).
  • If you have registered for a class, you will be refunded.
    • I estimate it will take about two months to process all refunds.
    • I will process them by refunding the classes that start next week first and then process each week of classes each week after that--so you will be refunded on the day your class was to start.
  • If you have paid for a premium membership, I am planning to refund those in a prorated manner (from the date you paid to June 26) after I have refunded all the class registrations. this will take more time as it's not straightforward to figure out what is owed due to prorating and the vagaries of PayPal. (PSA..if you do not have to use PayPal as a vendor, don't. They are horrible to work with.) I do not have an estimate on this. I am working on this now.
    • I will cancel all the recurring membership subscriptions on our side. (Completed 6/28)
  • We have a policy that any content you have here such as classes you took, will be available as long as we are here.
    • We will leave the site up in a view-only manner until after the last class finishes. Once that class is done, we will archive the site. Once the site is archived, you will not be able to access any content. We suggest that you download anything you want to keep by the end of July.
    • The last classes will finish on July 15, the site will close for access on August 1.
      • We will update this post when I have a firm date for the site to be archived.

Thank you all for being SavvyAuthors members! RJ, Dawn, Walker, and I and all our wonderful mods will miss you.
~Leslie
This is Horrible News. I thank all the teachers and students here. I've improved sooooo much from SA. I'm so sad.

This is the worst news.

Upvote 0
Hi all
Just wanted to do a quick update!
We may have someone who is interested in taking over Savvy!!! I am so thrilled!
Please post with your ideas for a new Savvy and what Savvy going forward would mean to you!
thanks!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Kathy Frost
Kathy Frost
I would totally lost without Savvy. I have take so many classes and even taught one. It is one part of my life I could always count on. I hope this all works out for all of us.
Upvote 0
stefburn
stefburn
I would love to see Savvy being renewed. I enjoyed the CritPartner matches, the Pitchfest, and more!
Upvote 0
Nancy Lee
Nancy Lee
I'd love to see Savvy Authors continue. I've taken so many courses from so many talented author-teachers (and L.C. Hayden is one of my favorites).
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That would be fantastic news. This is such a great community and I've enjoyed being a member and an instructor. A new Savvy would mean continuing that great community and having access to such a wide range of classes. It would be good to add webinars for participants to engage in real time.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0