Short stories and novellas have become increasingly popular for readers who want something quick to read on their ereaders, Ipads, Kindles and Nooks. Writers are trying to get more of their work in the hands of readers and they are turning increasingly to writing short stories as a way to quickly get content out there. In other words, the short story and novella market has heated up in the past few years, aided by the popularity of e-publishing and e-reading.
- Basic and Premium Members Prices:
- Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts:
But short stories and novellas aren’t as easy to write as you might think. They can be every bit as challenging as a full length novel. Get the scoop on writing a short story or novella that will have readers clamoring for more of your work.
Find out how the story structure works, how to get your tale told in fewer words, how to develop characters and plots for the shorter formats and how to get those short stories published from a writing mentor and coach who has written countless short stories and had stories published online and in anthologies.
- Other events or classes in this series:
- Lights, Camera, Action series:
Also presented by Becky Martinez:
- Let’s Plot Your Novel — 01/09/2017-02/05/2017
- Making Your Characters Real — 2/13/2017-03/12/2017
- Let’s Write a Story – 03/20/2017-04/16/17
- Synopsis Writing with the Plotting Wheel — 6/5/-6/19/2017
- Let’s Edit! Putting the Finishing Touches on Your Story — 8/7-9/3/2017
- Writing Romantic Suspense — 9/11-10/8/2017
- From Beginning to End – Let’s Pace your Story - 10/16-11/12/2017
- Power Writing — 11/13-12/10/2017
Starting now, all of our classes have early registration coupons! I f you register at least 1 week before the class starts you can receive $5 off the class! Check each class for details.Dismiss Notice
Join us for FREE at the Basic Membership level or upgrade to a Premium Member! Not sure? check out our Premium Member Benefits!!Dismiss Notice
Craft Let’s Keep it Short – Writing Short Stories and Novellas with Becky Martinez
Learn to write short to improve your writing and your sales