Level
Mixed
Category
  1. Business
  2. Indie Publishing
  3. Genre
  4. Marketing
  5. Writer's Life
The LIVE webinar will be presented on ZOOM. For more information on how to access Zoom for your first Zoom meeting, please check out HERE.

Building an Audience for Genre Fiction is an exploration of the many ways that both new and experienced writers in genre fiction of all types can expand their reach and improve their readership.

This class begins with a discussion of the “pie in the sky”—a huge book deal that nets you all the readers you’ll ever need without having to do more work—and then breaks down why even for writers who have great success, that formula doesn’t hold up. We’ll discuss various means of self-promotion in social media, including whether or not you need to bother, and what the bare minimum is for those who (like many of us) prefer to write, not market themselves.

We’ll go over the classic way of building an audience without Big-5 published, novel-length work in the world—publishing short stories with reputable small presses—and delve into other ways to get your stories into the world, like serial fiction, fanfic, indie publications both on KU and wide, and joining in giveaways on sites like Prolific Works and BookFunnel.

Finally, we’ll discuss where to find all of these various opportunities and how to let other people in your writing community gather them all together, so you don’t have to spend your time hunting down leads.
Outline
This is a live webinar. A recording will be available later the following week for a specified amount of time.

The LIVE webinar will take place at 11:30 a.m. EST. Don't know what time that is? Check out the Time Zone Converter.
Author
Cath Lauria
Start date
Sep 12, 2021 at 11:30 AM
End date
Sep 12, 2021 at 12:30 PM
Registration end date
Sep 12, 2021 at 12:30 PM
Rating
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Latest reviews

The instructor is definitely knowledgeable, but I don't think enough of that knowledge was imparted clearly. Many publishing/marketing terms and sources were not explained sufficiently. I appreciate that Cath tried to cover so much and leave us with things to research further on our own. However, since I didn't understand much of it, I am left more overwhelmed than when I started.