How to Craft a Mystery/Thriller with L.C. Hayden

Genre-Mystery-Crime How to Craft a Mystery/Thriller with L.C. Hayden

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35

Register by January 23rd and save $5, use code MYSTERYHAYDEN2023 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Genre
  3. GMC
  4. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
MYSTERYHAYDEN2023
Class Length
2 Weeks
The book world offers its readers a variety of mysteries. Some are good, some not so good, and some are excellent. What makes the difference? It all begins with its foundation: learning how to craft a successful mystery. An award winning mystery/thriller author will show you how a successful author accomplishes this. Some of the points she will cover include

· What are the different types of mysteries you can choose from

· Where to get ideas

· The process of plotting

· How to achieve the perfect story structure

· How to develop your own style

· Doing research successfully

· Handling background, location, and setting successfully

· Learning about the classic structure of the mystery novel

· How to depict violence

· Handling plot devices such as clues and red herrings

· Setting up a perfect opening

· Following it up with a perfect middle

· The perfect ending

· Revisions
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
LC Hayden
Start date
Jan 30, 2023 at 9:00 AM
End date
Feb 13, 2023 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Feb 2, 2023 at 12:50 AM
Rating
4.89 star(s) 44 ratings

More classes from LC Hayden

Latest reviews

The structure of this class was well-though out. L.C. also provided examples and suggestions in the class lecture that I hadn't thought of before and which really helped me either rethink my plot or consider something new. Her comments were very encouraging and I believe together with the instructions and her feedback, I can write my next mystery much faster and with more confidence. I highly recommend taking this class if offered again, and I look forward to other classes taught by L.C.!
I found this class to be both informative and fun! I would recommend a similar class taught by L.C. Hayden to anyone.
This course is very clear to follow and very informative for any writer looking to write a mystery or a thriller. L.C. Hayden used great examples to make her point and I feel, as an experienced writer of romance and historical fiction, that I've learned quite a lot that will be useful as I begin writing a mystery series. Very grateful for the information and can recommend this course. Many thanks and best wishes.