Jun 26, 2014
Northwest Illinois
www.lesliedow.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
lesliedow submitted a new resource:

Prep your Pitch for Hot Summer's Cool Pitch Event - Make sure your pitch is ready to go!

Join the crew of SavvyAuthors and your SavvyAuthor's friends as we put the spit and polish on our Three-Line Pitches for the upcoming Hot Summers Cool Pitch Event!

We'll set up some special forums where we can post our pitches and get feedback from each other and the SavvyAuthors crew.

It will be fun and we'll all have a much stronger pitch!

Read more about this resource...

Upvote 0
Hi,

Can you guide me?

Earlier this week I was clicking away here, at SavvyAuthors, and got to a page that was related to the pitching that's coming on the 29th -- 31st. The page talked about the three-line pitch and gave a "fill-in-the-blank" type of an example. I wanted to read through that example again, as I try to condense my blurb into a three-line pitch, but I've been clicking away on your site today and can no longer find that page. I don't remember how I got to it last time.

Also, I want to make sure that I am registered for Prep your Pitch for Hot Summer's Cool Pitch Event. I don't see it in my classroom yet. Is it because it's still a few days away?

Thank you.

Debbie

Upvote 0
Hi Debbie
Thanks for reaching out. The article you are likely thinking about is a blog post we did last week
Hot Summers Cool Pitch Event update...11 days and counting! - SavvyBlog

Also here is the page that has all the information about who is taking pitches etc.
Hot Summer's Cool Pitches - SavvyBlog

And yes, you are registered for the Pitch Prep mini workshop. That will start on August 24, so you won't see the forum pop up until the day of or maybe the day before.

Sorry for the confusion!
Best
Leslie

Upvote 0
Hi Leslie,

Thank you so much for replying. I've already been on both of those locations you suggested and have read all of links posted on them. And though they are great, that's not the page I was on the other day. In the center of the page there was literally a fill-in-the-blank example with blank lines.

On another note...I just realized I'm suppose to have a social media account to pitch. I do have a facebook account, but quite honestly, I'm not very good at navigating through it and don't really know how to use it. I might need some guidance on how to get to the right person to pitch. Is this something I can get instructions for at the prep workshop on Wednesday, the 24th?

Thank you.

Debbie

Upvote 0
Hi Debbie
The social media account is just used to verify that you are a real person. Spam comments are pretty bad these days, so most blogs require some verification before you can post. As long as you have the login for your social media account you should be fine. If not let me know and I can give you an account on our blog that you can use. :)

There will be detailed instructions on how to post posted this week. Riley and I should have them posted by Tuesday. We'll also go over all of that in the Prep mini-workshop.

Do not worry! It's really fun and simple. The hard part is making sure you can fit all the awesomeness of your story into three lines! What was that quote..."I wanted to write you a short letter but I didnt have the time so I wrote you a long one, instead." LOL

Thanks!
Leslie

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.