Special MYSTERY Flash contest! April 29 - May 12

Contest Special MYSTERY Flash contest! April 29 - May 12

Basic and Premium Members Prices
Fortnight Flash is available only to registered SavvyAuthors Members!
And it's free!
CozyMystery_Devoti.jpg
Put on your best sleuth hat and sign up for a contest to write your best mystery fiction in 1000 words or less! This is a special edition of our Fortnight Flash Fiction contest where we will give you a SUPER SECRET mystery prompt, and you will churn out a short but mysterious work of fiction!

Not sure what this is? Check out the Fortnight Flash Fiction information page and the FAQ.

No time? TLDR;
  • Two week contest, one for writing and one for voting
  • Works over 1,000 words will be disqualified
  • Open to all members of SavvyAuthors
  • Voting limited to members of SavvyAuthors
Check out the Leaderboard!
Class Format
See our How This Works information or read the FAQ
Author
FlashFiction
Start date
Apr 29, 2024 at 9:00 AM
End date
May 12, 2024 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
May 3, 2024 at 6:00 PM
Rating
4.69 star(s) 26 ratings

More classes from FlashFiction

Latest reviews

Since my genre of choice is mystery I was especially pleased to find it would be the subject of this Flash Fiction. There were a larger number of entries this time as well, which would indicate the level of interest among the members. Perhaps add more of this genre to the list.

One other suggestion about future contests, instead of using a photo for the prompt, consider having a basic plot that authors must use in their flash fiction story. An example might be, "Blair had been looking for months for the perfect house, and when she finally found it..."
Great contest as usual. So many variations on the theme this time and they were enjoyable reads too!
I very much enjoyed the challenge and reading others' stories. Lots of fun, and always cool to see how people take a prompt in all different directions. And there was a lot of talent in the contest!

That said ,there was not a lot of voting, perhaps because of two issues. First, I found it extremely hard to locate the contest and the voting on the website, and I don't think I got any emails promoting it (other than those I received as a participant). Not sure how many people really knew about it. Second, because there were quite a few entries (a good problem to have!) I think it may have discouraged people who are very busy these days from committing to reading all the entries and voting. I don't know if there is another way to break it into smaller chunks.

Thanks a lot for running the contest!!
Good fun and excellent writing practice! I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.