Fortnight Flash Fiction

Fortnight Flash Fiction

How this all works

Details

Every two weeks SavvyAuthors will post a writing prompt for a Flash Fiction story. Participants write their best story. Stories are posted anonymously and SavvyAuthors members vote for the best story! The winner gets to pick the next round's prompt.

We provide you with information on how to write Flash Fiction and we encourage you to sell. We'll publicly reward winners with a FLash Fiction Winner Badge, and we'll show rankings of your accumulated wins on a Leaderboard

FAQ

• Is this a writing class?
    • Nope! This is an opportunity for you to show your story writing skills in the Flash Fiction length (less than 1,000 words)
  • What if I do not know how to write Flash Fiction?
    • We'll provide you with resources to help you learn to write Flash, and we'll be offering a Flash Fiction class as well.
  • How long do I have to write?
    • One week! We post the prompt on Monday morning, and you post your finished story on Sunday night.
  • How long do people have to vote on my story?
    • One week! Or at least a business week. Voting starts on the Monday after the stories are posted, and the polls close on Friday at Midnight. The winner is crowned and they have two days to come up with the next week's prompt.
  • Who can vote on my story?
    • All registered SavvyAuthors members can vote.
  • Do the voters know who wrote the stories?
    • Nope! All stories are posted anonymously, so nobody on the site knows who posted which story. Definitely more fun that way!
  • How long will my story stay visible on the site?
    • We want to be sure that everyone's intellectual property is protected. The stories will never be publicly available and will be removed from the site when voting is concluded and the winner is announced..
  • How long is a Flash Fiction Story?
    • No more than 1,000 words. Period. If you post a story with 1001 words, it will be disqualified.
  • What do I get if I win?
    • You mean other than the dopamine hit that comes from winning a contest? You will get a special Flash fiction badge and winner's point on our Fortnight Flash Fiction Leaderboard!
  • What do I get if I participate but don't win?
    • You mean other than the sense of accomplishment because you finished a story and were able to present it to your fellow writers. (That takes guts so go you!)You will get a Flash Fiction Participant Badge and a point on the Flash Fiction Leaderboard!
  • How much does this cost?
    • For now, this contest is available to all members. We may decide to move this into a Premium Membership level if we are spending a lot of time managing it.

More questions?

Contact us!