The Nice Girl's Guide to Conflict with Sally Kilpatrick

Plot-Structure-GMC The Nice Girl's Guide to Conflict with Sally Kilpatrick

New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 Basic Members $35

Register by February 26th and save $5, use code CONFLICTKILPATRICK2024 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Dialogue
  3. Structure
  4. GMC
  5. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
CONFLICTKILPATRICK2024
Class Length
2 Weeks
Whether a beginner or more seasoned, this class will teach the author to think about ways to add or enhance conflict in their stories. Primarily, conflict is a work of looking at a characters GMC--both internal and external--but this class will also explore additional strategies such as adding character secrets, examining the false beliefs that hold characters back, and when to add conflict through dialogue rather than inner monologue.

Students will learn strategies for using external characteristics to reveal inner change, and at the end of the class everyone will receive a handout with a chart that summarizes everything studied.
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
SallyKilpatrick
Start date
Mar 4, 2024 at 9:00 AM
End date
Mar 18, 2024 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Mar 7, 2024 at 12:50 AM
Rating
4.67 star(s) 3 ratings

Latest reviews

Loved how each lesson and exercise built on the previous one. Really helped me think through my characters' motivations and flaws, and how to translate those to conflict to move the story forward.
Great class on ways to build conflict for my characters! Sally was very responsive with her feedback as well. Highly recommend!
Sally was great and had really good insights. I was hoping for more interaction with the other class members. Helping each other think through possible conflict scenarios.